Why become a member? ×

Shoutout to Hercules Stands

Iacopo San

1 hour ago, Brook_fan said:

It's a little sticker on the leg beginning A00 

they must have fallen off on my stands, no sign of them on either of the 2 i have here (both bought in reputable bricks and mortar shops maybe 10 years ago)

Matt

Just now, MilkyBarKid said:

I've got six wall hangers and three upright (not bass) stands. Four of the hangers are sticky.

My plasterboard is set away from the wall, and I didn't trust it, so I drilled through pasterboard and cavity and into brick wall.

I used these. Rock solid.

IMG_20200529_174605111.jpg

i've used those to hold up a floor, they're about the strongest fixing i have ever used!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt P said:

i've used those to hold up a floor, they're about the strongest fixing i have ever used!

Fair enough if you are drilling into a brick wall, Plasterboard fixings when holding up guitars are safe with the ones I mentioned. The metal plasterboard fixings into sound plasterboard are more than enough to hold up a  guitar. As I I have said, mine have been up for YEARS with no problems and they get taken up and down regularly,

8 hours ago, stewblack said:

If I had to fix to a stud wall I would fix a batten to the studwork and the hangers to the batten. No danger that way. 

This is by far the best option , which is why when I was developing properties every window would have a timber batten above, which was fixed with plasterboard fixings and a few dabs of gripfill to accommodate heavy curtains or blinds, it will never come down (obviously it’s a permanent fixture) 🙂

• Like 1

Funny how things turn out.  I was drilling holes to put up my Hercules wall hangers and the plastic handle of the Hercules three guitar stand disintegrated there and then, dropping two basses and a guitar to the floor. Email to them tomorrow I think. 

Back to the hangers. I tried one Geefix. Don’t like them one bit. A lot more fiddly to install and there is some flex in the bracket.  I used these ones in the end - much happier with these. I think I will eventually go with the timber batten option and the Hercules brackets with the flat metal base. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d2e49e339a23d87b82dcf81d2a8bf824.jpeg

Just ordered a few Hercules wall hangers as per pic, they will be fixed via a batten onto a brick wall...question is what width of wood would be required..guessing 6"...the've been sent 2nd class post so plenty time for getting organised...cheers in advance

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dov65 said:

Just ordered a few Hercules wall hangers as per pic, they will be fixed via a batten onto a brick wall...question is what width of wood would be required..guessing 6"...the've been sent 2nd class post so plenty time for getting organised...cheers in advance

The wooden block shown in your picture is 100mm tall by 40mm wide by 20mm deep. I've spaced mine 400mm apart. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a quick question for those that have had replacement stands from Hercules, once you had sent over the photos/serial number/address etc, did you receive any more emails from them or did a stand just arrive in the post?

I sent the info on the 28th and have so far not heard a peep back (been checking spam folders as well just in case).

i'm not totally bothered as i have used a bolt to fix the broken stand at the right height and will happily just use it in the house but a shiny new one would be nice to have another instrument out to play whilst on furlough.

Matt

Just now, Matt P said:

a quick question for those that have had replacement stands from Hercules, once you had sent over the photos/serial number/address etc, did you receive any more emails from them or did a stand just arrive in the post?

I sent the info on the 28th and have so far not heard a peep back (been checking spam folders as well just in case).

i'm not totally bothered as i have used a bolt to fix the broken stand at the right height and will happily just use it in the house but a shiny new one would be nice to have another instrument out to play whilst on furlough.

Matt

I recall an email back saying they’d replace it.

I'd follow the mail up. Strange times at the minute though so replies could take longer... 

19 hours ago, Matt P said:

Matt

After they replied to my initial email and I sent photos and serial number, I just got a new stand in the post 2-3 days after...

13 minutes ago, Count Bassy said:

Surely never a better time to ask.............................................

How much does your bass weigh?

🤣 actually that stand is currently set at acoustic guitar height, it used to be adjusted regularly and would hold anything from my small body acoustic right up to my 11.5lb precision, from what i can remember it is at lest 5 years old and more likely it is closer to 10 years old so i feel like i have got my money's worth out of it.

My Aria Cardinal is sitting on the other Hercules stand right now but there is no sign if any cracking on that one, it has a different shaped knob to lock the legs so i am guessing it is from a different era of production? the one that failed has a triangular knob and the other one is more circular.

i'm going to wait until Thursday before i email, 2 weeks seems fair given the current working conditions.

Matt

Update - sent a polite email asking if there was any progress and got a very swift replay saying they didn't get my email with photo's etc. So i have re-sent the original email as well as replying to the email today, hopefully this will get resolved quickly.

Matt

• Like 2

A courier just delivered a shiny new hercules stand, I'm a very happy customer, especially as I had no serial number or idea of how old the stand was, there was no discussion or convincing on my part they just sent out a new stand. 

Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1