Why become a member? ×

NAD whoops!

dudewheresmybass

So. 
this kind of happened. 
I’m now the proud owner of another 7400 head and now a 7412 4x12 cab. 
what a sweet combination. 
I now have far too many Marshall cabs - 3 410, 1 115, and now a 412, as well as 2 7400 heads ( ones waiting for a repair) and a 7200 head. 
Marshall central I suppose 🤘🤘🤘
Cant wait to get this rig out into the wild. 

708E3EDC-A6F8-40B1-89BB-799C36376988.jpeg

• Like 7

Nice!. Really looks the part imo

I was going to buy a 7400 that was on ebay last night..... Literally nipped upstairs came back down and it sold 🤦‍♂️

They seem to be quite rare now, I really want to try one, gas itch.

If you ever decide to sell ahem 😉

Edited by danbowskill

I really have a Marshall DBS itch. In my head I expect these to sound phenomenal, lots of deep round bass goodness and a bit of valvey grit when you want it.

Think the GAS for these starts from when I first started out and there was a Marshall DBS combo in the local music shop and they used to hand out catalogues so you gazed longingly at all this amazing gear you could never hope to afford as a 15 year old doing summer jobs at £2.50 an hour. Growing up in a small Northern town you didn't really see Trace Elliot or other exotic stuff, just what was in the local shop. I had a second hand Marshall 150watt combo, can't remember the model right now but with the valve and solid state blend. It was completely shagged and had hardly any volume, was also ridiculously heavy, but in the band I had aged 17 and up against a Marshall half stack it could have been glorious, but a DBS was the dream! 

I had a similar story. 
A friend owns a guitar shop that was a main Marshall dealer. 
As part of their promotions, they held a clinic where they would demo the revolutionary new head. 
I was ‘invited’ to go and I heard the most glorious tone I had ever heard. Full deep and yet clear and crisp. From that moment I knew that no other amp would do. 
I was fortunate to get a little play on the rig that evening. Wow! 
I saw the price tag, and pretty much gave up hope of ever owning one. 
fast forward a good few years, and I got myself into a new band where my fender 300w bass combo wasn’t rock n roll enough, and I saw someone selling a 7200 model on eBay for £120

excitedly I bought it and have been fortunate enough to use Marshall dbs rigs ever since. 

this is my 5th Marshall cab and 2nd 7400. I still have the 7200 too 🤘🤘

I remember when I bought mine, drove to Bristol straight after work to pick it up, turned up in the shop suited and booted. The guy in the shop probably thought middle-aged bloke trying to get hip, so gave me this bass that must have been made of balsa wood or something. Anyway I steamed in to some good old Jam riffs to which he probably re-evaluated and realised I could play and said, wait there, went upstairs and returned with a Rickenbacker and said try that. Putting that amp through its paces with a quality bass like a Rick was just great, those Jam riffs suddenly sounded a lot better. There`s a real authority to the DBS sound, and it really works in a band mix. I loved mine but decided to go Ampeg, then my band split up a week after. Must have been an omen!

• Like 2