Why become a member? ×

Anthony Jackson transcription - Why Not?

Bilbo

I just wanted to draw people's attention to another epic transcription I have posted in my transcription archive. This is the full bass part for Anthony Jackson's performance on 'Why Not'? from the Michel Camilo Big Band recording 'Once More Once'. Monstrous playing and stunning accuracy. I recommend reading this one along with the track (i.e, not playing it, just 'watching' the dots). You really get a sense of how good Jackson is as a player. Just follow the link.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Bilbo, thank you very much for posting this. l’m definitely going to take a look at this. “One More Once” is one of my favorite albums of all time. Great compositions, a more than superb pianist, drummer and hornplayers aren’t too shabby either :), and then there’s Anthony Jackson. I remember buying this cd, coming home and listening to it for the first time (on headphones). After it was finished I realized I had only been listening to Anthony Jackson, totally mesmerized and in awe. Had to put it on a second time to hear the songs complete with a little less focus on the bass.

Great work Bilbo and an epic bassline (there aren't many of his that don't have a degree of epic-ness!)

I can remember reading/learning this for a music college performance in the late 80's and...errr.. having to approximate a few runs.

The whole Why Not album is just insanely good!!!

Great work Bilbo.

I love the album this track is from, probably one of my favourite albums. 

I remember when it first came out in 93/94 (I think), and I had to do a double take with a few others. UK's very own Chris Hunter was on Alto! 

:D

Edited by lowdown