Why become a member? ×

Scritti Politti - The Word Girl Tabs, help!

pepsi-abi

I really really really, lol, want to learn this song, but i'm struggling to find tabs, i found someone who covered it amazingly and in the description of their video tells you what to tune the bass to but he sadly doesnt have tabs, if anyone has tabs or could teach me it be highly appreciated, i adore this song and to be able to play it would mean the world to me, thank you!

• Like 1

Maybe if you use the guitar tab you can find the bass. It doesn't seem to be on the internet. It isn't all that hard so with a bit of practise you could probably work it out. Thats how I learned most of the songs when I was starting out. I had never heard of tabs back then and there was no internet. It's actually a good way of learning songs if you have to find the notes rather than following tab.

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/scritti-politti/the-word-girl-chords-1480494

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, D-Tune said:

I'm also desperate to learn this. I love it but just can't get it from scratch. The attachment does not to open anymore. Does anyone else have it?

The link works for me too, but:
It just downloads as a file and is stored in Downloads on my Win10 laptop, without showing its contents on the screen.

Anyway, here's the text I got:

Verse (play twice):
G-----------6-4-6-4-----2-1----------------
D-------1-4------------------4--2----------
A--2--2------------------------------------
E---------------------------------0--------

G------------------------------------------
D-----------------------------2------------
A--4---4-4-2--4--4------2-0-4---0---0------
E---------------------------------3--------

Pre-chorus:
D--------2---------------------------------
A--2-0-4---0---0-2-0-----------------------
E------------3-----------------------------

Chorus (play twice), end on an E
D------------------------------------------
A---------2-4-2-----0----------------0-2---
E--0--0-4--------4----4-2--0-2-4---0-------

G----------------------2-------------------
D-----------------5--------0-0-2--0-0-2----
A---------2-4-2------3---------------------
E--0--0-4----------------------------------

Outro, variations on this:
D----------------------------------------0-
A-----2-2----0-0------------------0-0------
E--0-------0-----3-0---0-3-3---------3-0---

Edited by BassTractor
  • Like 1

On 18/05/2020 at 00:28, pepsi-abi said:

I really really really, lol, want to learn this song, but i'm struggling to find tabs, i found someone who covered it amazingly and in the description of their video tells you what to tune the bass to but he sadly doesnt have tabs, if anyone has tabs or could teach me it be highly appreciated, i adore this song and to be able to play it would mean the world to me, thank you!

Great tune :sun_bespectacled:

@Bean9seventy is a member here, ya know (Hiya B970 👍)

• 6 months later...

i do not do tabs , smoked weed once ,, but not tabs ,, if you Smoke tabs they become addictive ,, its why you get so many meth heads 😁,,, 

sound strange , yet the " meth head"  of this madness is to remind players ,, many tab scores & notation scores are often not exact ,, they are in many cases transcripts designed by the host ,,, the only people who know the Exact bass line are the bass player of any such band the producer & engineer etc ,, they then sell a contrived score to the publishers ,,,

anyway pushing that a side, The Word Girl is very subtle joint ,, going over an array of chord changes D,A.D.G tuning insures you get right onto The Beat ,,, my bass jam goes slightly beyond the bass line of the song, 

if you want myself to show you how i play this tune (my way ) , you now have the chance ,

cheers

Edited by Bean9seventy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bean9seventy said:

anyway pushing that a side, The Word Girl is very subtle joint ,, going over an array of chord changes D,A.D.G tuning insures you get right onto The Beat ,,, my bass jam goes slightly beyond the bass line of the song

Great work. It's good to see you on BC again. 👍

On 31/01/2021 at 18:53, Ricky 4000 said:

Great work. It's good to see you on BC again. 👍

think i will stay low key , bearing peeps chuck toys on the mention  of level  42 & early UK slappers ,my recent  post  on youtube delves into the bass line good times by Chic as there are roughly  3 completely different  ways  Bernard Edwards could have played the tune ,thanks

Edited by Bean9seventy
sentence not great