Why become a member? ×

1997 Ken Smith BSR-4B
£2000
Zurich, Switzerland

dscheims

Selling this beautiful 1997 4 String Ken Smith Bass. Here's a description from Ken Smith himself:

"...this is a BSR 4B. The B model was an upgrade package for the BSR 'M' model with a package of extras, 3-band EQ (2-band was standard then on the M model), ebony fingerboard (upgraded from morado), top dots (was an option) and gold hardware (chrome was standard). So this model had about $400 of options list price which in usa is $300 street price then. We only made this model/package for a year or so. Then it was just the M model with upgrades, not a different model. M-G was an M with gold..."

Looks, feels and sounds great!

Comes with the original Ken Smith hardcase.

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 17/05/2020 at 16:21, IbanezGB10 said:

Hello is this an active bass? What are postage fees to the UK?

Sorry, I was gone for a while :(

Yes it's an active bass. If you are still interested I can find out about the postage fee.

On 06/04/2021 at 23:01, IbanezGB10 said:

Is this bass still for sale?

Yes it is

19 hours ago, adamlunt said:

Damn! That looks fiiiiine

I know!! :(

But unfortunately I haven't been using it as much as it deserves to be used...

3 hours ago, IbanezGB10 said:

Please let me know the postage and if it comes with a:

What would be the best total price. How long would it take to get to the UK?

Strap

etc

Thank you

So the website of the Swiss postal service gives me a price of CHF 71 which is 55 pounds according to oanda.com and it takes 6-10 workdays. I would buy an additional insurance since the normal one only covers up to CHF1500. With the additional one they cover up to CHF5000.

No strap included but comes with the original hardcase and "Smith Classic Wax Polish" and cleaning towel. I attached some pictures. Please understand that this is a bass I used, so you'll see that. But it still feels, looks and sounds great! Let me know if you need more pictures!

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0628.jpeg

IMG_0629.jpeg

IMG_0630.jpeg

IMG_0631.jpeg

IMG_0632.jpeg

IMG_0633.jpeg

IMG_0634.jpeg

IMG_0635.jpeg

IMG_0636.jpeg

IMG_0637.jpeg

IMG_0638.jpeg

IMG_0639.jpeg

IMG_0640.jpeg

• Like 3

Thank you for your response. So is the total £2055? and you will pay the extra insurance?

Also what year was the bass made?

I am very keen to purchase . I am a guitar player but want to get into bass with a quality instrument.

Thank you

Anthony

2 minutes ago, IbanezGB10 said:

Sorry, I have just read the advert again and see it is a 1997 which is great. The older stuff is always better in my view.

Kind regards

Anthony

Yes it's from 1997. Let's make it £2000 total and I will pay the extra insurance.

It really depends on what kind of music you want to play. It's definitely a quality instrument but it has a sound of it's own. It's not like a "standard" Fender or anything (Nothing against that, it's all I've been playing the last 5 years ;) )

I'm just pointing this out because I recognize it's a lot of money for an instrument you can't test due to the distance...

29 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Its a lovely looking bass! A KS is on my bucket list. 

I might be wrong but I think this would also now be subject to 20% import fee, post brexit 😢

Unfortunately, I also believe this to be the case now

lovely bass

Tax and duty

You’ll be contacted by Royal Mail, Parcelforce or the courier company if you need to pay any VAT, duty or delivery charges (‘handling fees’) to receive your goods.

They’ll send you a bill stating exactly which fees you need to pay.

They’ll normally hold your parcel for about 3 weeks. If you have not paid the bill by then, your parcel will be returned to the sender.

You will not have to pay anything to the delivery company to receive goods worth less than £135 unless they’re gifts over £39 or excise goods (for example, alcohol and tobacco).