Why become a member? ×

70s/80s Yamaha or Ibanez?

I don't think it's a Yamaha. Those dot markers in the neck are very distinctive, I've not seen them on a Yamaha. Also, there is no dot marker in the first fret, the truss rod adjuster doesn't look right and the bridge and knobs don't look right for a Yamaha either, though they could be changed.

That's funny - there was a post on here last week, someone wondering if they should buy this:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/429286-what-make-is-this/

Never spotted this on Ebay, but it's neither Yam nor Ibby, just some generic cheapo P/J that some idiot's brutalised with power tools. The inlays are curious but something - maybe the overall condition and wilful mutilation it's suffered - sort of make them scream "stickers".

38 minutes ago, hooky_lowdown said:

There's an easy way to find out if the bass is a Yammie or Ibby or the Encore. Ask the seller for the weight?

Yammies, Ibbys are fairly lightweight. The Encore would be heavy!

It's actually easier to look at it and go "no, Yamaha & Ibanez never sold anything remotely like this piece of broken tat". Quicker, too. :D

18 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

This has been cluttering up my local bass searches for a while, the seller sometimes has some decent kit for sale but he's dreaming with this one. Having a look at his other items yields some interesting results:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-TIGHT-RUBBER-LATEX-SHORTS-WITH-DUAL-ZIP-OPENING/254595103952?hash=item3b470cfcd0:g:IRQAAOSwN~deVnsV

Ewwwwwwh that’s in my head now. Thanks for that, not...