Why become a member? ×

Quincy bass

Peter Popovic

Just after reading your post, was looking on Amazon and a 4-string Quincy bass showed up... ash body apparently. They're distributors of copy guitars who seem to only sell through Amazon and eBay, and this looks like a poor imitation of a Warwick Corvette (that top horn is really bad...). The 4-string on Amazon is £200 - and that's pretty over-priced...

From your photos, if it's a one piece ash body it might be quite nice. Doubt the pickups and controls will be more than functional. Chromed parts looks to be cheap generic stuff. It's not going to be high quality, but for £70 might be playable, doubt it'll sound particularly Warwick like.

Their domain http://quincymusic.co.uk is still registered but nothing on the site, only anything at https://quincymusic.wordpress.com/ but that hasn't seen any activity since 2016... Most stuff about them I kind find seems to be "Anyone know who these guys are??" :D

Thanks guys. Already bought it, going to get her on Wednesday. Got a “couple” of high end basses so this gonna be a project guitar. Basically my plan is strip everything down to bare wood, all hardware and electronics will be replaced and new finish, probably blue stain and then nitro maybe. For 70£...happy with that price. I think I would pay more for body and neck if I wanna buy some. 
It is my hobby so I’ll make a nice bass from her I hope.