Why become a member? ×

Blindman by Whitesnake

Scoop

Does anyone here now this song well enough to post up a basic chord chart that I can work out a bassline from?

It has to be at least 18 years since I heard this and I have a late -call dep for a band that play this taking place tomorrow night. There are a couple of other tracks that I don't know too well but I found some Guitar-Pro dots/tab which will get me through - but there's nothing on this one.

Facebook has been pretty handy coz I contacted Neil Murray direct and he's promised to get something done for me but... I'm not holding my breath.

I'd YouTube it and work from that but I'm in work til probably about 11 tonight and YT is disabled on the office 'puters. Tomorrow daytime I'm fecked for getting stuff done but I have a bass here in the office and can sort it out no probs today.
Apparently we're in F# which I believe is the original key.

All help gratefully received.

[quote name='Scoop' post='427244' date='Mar 6 2009, 02:59 PM']Does anyone here now this song well enough to post up a basic chord chart that I can work out a bassline from?

It has to be at least 18 years since I heard this and I have a late -call dep for a band that play this taking place tomorrow night. There are a couple of other tracks that I don't know too well but I found some Guitar-Pro dots/tab which will get me through - but there's nothing on this one.

Facebook has been pretty handy coz I contacted Neil Murray direct and he's promised to get something done for me but... I'm not holding my breath.

I'd YouTube it and work from that but I'm in work til probably about 11 tonight and YT is disabled on the office 'puters. Tomorrow daytime I'm fecked for getting stuff done but I have a bass here in the office and can sort it out no probs today.
Apparently we're in F# which I believe is the original key.

All help gratefully received.[/quote]

Neil Murray... quality. I was only checking him out the other day because I got into discussion with somebody about the SAS band. Looking to catch one of their gigs in the future. The other guy on bass duties for the SAS band is no other than Steve Stroud - wife of Cheryl Baker. Steve is great, met him once down at Bernies because some clown had mucked up the electronics on one of his Stingrays. Anyway, good luck with your hunt - sorry to be of not much help!

Even worse it was actually recorded twice, first on one of Coverdale's pre-WS solo albums and then later on the proper WS Ready An Willing album. The arrangements are pretty similar though. If I get chance to have a jam to it later when I get home I will.

[quote name='KevB' post='427326' date='Mar 6 2009, 04:31 PM']Even worse it was actually recorded twice, first on one of Coverdale's pre-WS solo albums and then later on the proper WS Ready An Willing album. The arrangements are pretty similar though. If I get chance to have a jam to it later when I get home I will.[/quote]

I assumed you meant "When a blindman cries" from Deep Purple days, in which case we used to play it. But it's a different song. What is it with DP derivatives and cliched metaphors on sight loss?

Nope, I mean 'Blindman' on Ready an Willing, it's also on either Whitesnake or Northwinds, can't remember which. Any way as far as I can tell the main verse seems to be based around F# and E going back and forth, then goes through a run of F#-G#-A to get to the chorus and then the chorus is mainly A-B-F#. Will update if I have time to listen more thoroughly.

[quote name='KevB' post='427504' date='Mar 6 2009, 07:44 PM']Nope, I mean 'Blindman' on Ready an Willing, it's also on either Whitesnake or Northwinds, can't remember which. Any way as far as I can tell the main verse seems to be based around F# and E going back and forth, then goes through a run of F#-G#-A to get to the chorus and then the chorus is mainly A-B-F#. Will update if I have time to listen more thoroughly.[/quote]

KEVB

Cheers for this mate. Still stuck in work. I'll be here til about 10.30 the way things are shaping up. Much appreciated.