SaimoN

SOLD! Spector Euro 5 LX - please remove / close
£1500
Poland

Posted (edited)

Hi!

Spector Euro 5 LX in black for sale here. Serial no NB5640, produced in 2006 (according to guys from Spector company). It has maple/alder/walnut body, maple neck, brass nut & bridge. Powered by 2x EMG 40DC pickups + EMG BQC preamp.

Included with this bass: 2x EMG 40J + 1x EMG 40P pickups, modded TonePump preamp (18V, added stacked bypass, one pot needs to be replaced unfortunatelly...), and SKB case.

The polish has many scratches due to heavy gigging by me & previous owners. Other things are working well - electronics are fine (original pickups, preamp installed in 2017). Truss rod, bridge, tuners - all are working fine.

For sound samples please visit my YT channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Ji5eXF2PeRd_1gOiTLOzA

spec01.png

spec02.png

spec03.png

spec04.png

spec05.png

spec06.png

spec07.png

Edited by Saimonbass
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I highly recommend this bass.

Great condition, amazing possibilities, lots of additional stuff. 

• Like 1

I'd really be glad if someone would offer to trade their Warwick Thumb 5 NT with wenge neck for my Spector 👽

• Confused 1

On 30/05/2020 at 20:36, Saimonbass said:

I'd really be glad if someone would offer to trade their Warwick Thumb 5 NT with wenge neck for my Spector 👽

Having owned a Thumb NT 6, I would actually recommend a Spector Euro over it in almost every respect. But good luck with the sale :)

• Like 1

I had Euro 4 LX full maple, Rebop 5 DLX, some Music Man basses, now owning this Euro & 2 Wicks: Thumb 5 BO & Corvette 5 $$ and I can say only this - both Spector and Warwick are awesome basses, it's just I prefer the sound and playbility of Wicks now, 35" scale bass is not for me after over 10 years of playing it 😉

Bump. As for Thumb - an ovangkol U shape neck would be good as well (with no serious neckdive though! years 1999-2009) Or can sell for £1400.

Price drop - can be sold for £1300 including shipment in EU but without additional EMG pickups. Still wanting that Thumb 5 NT with wenge to trade for it 👽

That's a nice piece of bass! Unfortunatelly, I'm only looking for a 5-stringer...

Hello Saimon

Nice Spector, i Would like to buy it

Regards Brian 

Hi Brian. Thx for the interest, PM me please so we could talk over the details.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rkw1985
      Beautiful Czech-made Spector 5-String from the early days of the Czech factory. I don't know a great deal about it as I bought it second-hand from the Bass Cellar in Camden a number of years ago, but as far as I'm aware it is a 1998 or 1999 model. There is a 4-digit serial number in the cavity (1385) and the Spector website says these early models cannot be dated from the SN. 

Photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c33c7uetzjj504z/AAB78HsE0yOOshxi_e5rFS0ka?dl=0

EDIT - sound samples here: 

Looking for £1000 £800 ono . In terms of trade I’d be interested in a Japanese Les Paul custom, eg burny/greco/tokai.

Will ship at buyer’s expense to the UK. If I find someone who is interested I’ll make appropriate arrangements to get it shipping ready, including sorting out a hardcase - i have no need for a hardcase  unless there’s a buyer so it’s a little chicken and egg! 
    • By koval123
      Hi, up for sale goes a complete set of EMG BQC System for bass guitars. It is 4-knobs (incl. 2 stacked) Active Balance, Master Volume, Bass/Treble stacked, Mids/Midrange stacked. There is a center detent for flat response. The mid-range control has a variable frequency knob that allows you to sweep through the mid-frequency range from 100Hz to 1KHz. This selects the frequency to boost or cut. Solderless harness included as well as non-original but pretty knobs (not present on the picture). Sending possible, ask me for the cost.

• By madshadows
      Just a heads up that Andertons are doing an epic deal on Spector basses  
      Spector

John 😎 
    • By Jarczan
      NEW PRICE 700 !!!!
      Sound Samples: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FBZAiqArPSBhUibqIkFEKytnit7Z8-IT/view?usp=sharing
      Sample order: Neck Flat - Neck EQ - Both Flat - Both EQ - Bridge Flat - Bridge EQ
      Body: Afzelia(front) + Sycamore Thin Layer +  Bubinga(back) Construction: Neck-Through-Body Fingerboard: Ebony with Blue Led Dots Neck: Shedua with Flamed Sycamore Strips Scale: 34 String spacing: around 19mm Tuners: Gotoh Pickups: EMG 40J + EMG40J Electronics: EMG BQC System 9V (Vol - Balance - Stack Mid/MidFreq - Stack Treble/Bass) Bridge: Brass Hipshot A Style Shaller Straplocks Included Hard Case Included Weight around: 5.1kg / 11lbs The bass recently came back from the luthier:
      The old keys were replaced with new Gotohs Old Schaller Bridge was replaced with a new Hipshot A Style Electronics upgraded to 18V One EMG 40DC replaced by EMG 40P5 New frets Fingerboard sanding before placing new frets Setup for 45-100 + 135 strings Bass is located in Poznań, Poland. I'd prefer to keep it EU only.
      Money adjustment to be discussed.

• By deanovw
      I am selling two bitsa basses that I put together over the last few years. The first one is a P/J Jazz bass with EMG electronics.
      I have over £800 in materials invested in this bass so I am selling it at a loss. I just want to move it on so that I can start on the next builds I have planned.
      The the body and the neck are painted in nitrocellulose from a rattle can. The finish on the body is not 100% perfect and there are a few tiny rub throughs of the black. Perfect for a relic finish if you are into that kind of thing.
      Hardware is:
      The body was bought new from pcguitars on ebay USA. It was an unfinished Alder P/J Jazz body that fits Fender necks P250
      The neck is of unkown origin. The flame in the maple is lovely.
      38mm nut.
      Tuners - lightweight hipshot - Black
      Pick ups - Kent Armstrong J and P pickups
      Electrics - EMG Active - One volume per pickup. EMG BTS Control, 2-Band EQ for bass guitar, features broader single-pole filters. High and Bass +/- 12 db, 4 selectable frequencies for the treble control (2100, 3500, 4500, 7000 Hz
      Bridge  - Goto - Black
      Weight on my not very accurate bathroom scales = 3.7kg
      Gig Bag included
      Any questions please ask.
      Location is Exeter. I would rather not post as I don't have a hard case for it. Happy to meet up (safely) within reasonable distance.