Why become a member? ×

NBD: 1983 Ibanez Musician MC-924 Polar White

discreet

36 minutes ago, discreet said:

The current mrs discreet will have my love-spuds on toast.

“That old thing, I’ve had it for ages. It’s the reason I bought that new white one.”

You’re welcome.

If you've been playing bass for a few years you'll be reasonably "proficient" as soon as you pick one up, fretless actually comes pretty naturally, a bit like playing a fan-fret. 

The problem is you'll spend the first few weeks playing all those Pino basslines to put a smile on your face, then when that's done you'll realise it's a bit like starting over again

But that's a great feeling, fretless is fab ;)

17 minutes ago, Defo said:

If you've been playing bass for a few years you'll be reasonably "proficient" as soon as you pick one up...

The problem is you'll spend the first few weeks playing all those Pino basslines to put a smile on your face, then when that's done you'll realise it's a bit like starting over again

But that's a great feeling, fretless is fab ;)

I have been playing for a few years as it happens.... :) Don't know why I haven't had much exposure to fretless, probably because I'm not much into Jaco or the Pino 'mwah' thing et al. Never too late though, I'm just going to have to play one and see what's what. Thanks.

40 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

I reckon with a touch more lime-green to it, that would be a perfect match for my toenails!

TMI, probably. 😁

42 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Nice to see you back, by the way,

You're very kind, but I really only popped in to annoy everyone, then pop out again. Like a hernia.

On 17/05/2020 at 10:00, LeftyJ said:

This thread had me pick up mine again yesterday after not playing them for quite some time. My 1983 is still one of my favourite basses ever! My 1981 however (with the older body style, the brown soapbar singlecoils, and a LOT heavier and with a much fatter and wider neck) didn't suit me at all anymore. It just felt big, unwieldy and heavy with an overly bright tone. I even consider selling it now 😬

Stop teasing the 80s obsessed left handers!!!