Why become a member? ×

1981 Yamaha (Super Bass) SB-500S + Original Hard Case **SOLD**
£325
Lichfield

Shepster8316

1981 Yamaha (Super Bass) SB-500S complete with original hard case.  My understanding is that these were only made for several years at the end of the 70s and early 80s (78-82 possibly) and with the 2 x single coils was intended to be like a J-bass........ but with a P-Bass neck width at the nut (42mm).  Having had Fender Jazzes in the past I think this sounds better.  There is a serial number on the back of the headstock, but as with a lot of their basses around this time the stamping in the wood is very light, however can be clearly seen when the light is on it.

Good condition for a 39 year old bass and the body has only a few light marks.  The back of the neck has a few marks where a previous owner in its life must not have had a guitar stand 🙂 

Original case, which given its age is in very good condition.  Frets have been leveled recently and the truss rod works fine.  These things had weird truss rod adjustment in the heel of the neck, so I'll also throw in the socket tool for that.

I'll post it for free too.

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0810.jpg

Edited by Shepster8316
Add extra info.
  • Like 3

• Shepster8316 changed the title to 1981 Yamaha (Super Bass) SB-500S + Original Hard Case **SOLD**