Why become a member? ×

Opinions please: Super Twin v Big Twin 2

mikegatward

Hi mike,not quite the same as your situation but it may/may not be of interest to you! I had a super 12t and then brought a big twin gen 3. The  bt is defo a’bigger’ softer/fuller sound/tone I suppose whereas the super 12 was more’in ya face’ middy.harsher if you like,less ‘oommphhh.interestinly I still found  myself using the super 12 more as it seemed to cut through and I could hear myself better onstage.moved them both on in the end .i now have  a bb3and a super midget .A more flexible solution for me I have found.Either one or t’other depending on gig situ and together they sound somewhere in between ,the super 12t and the big twin gen3 fuller sounding that the super 12t .In reality the bb3 more than covers what I need .im talking pub gigs and theatre shows aswell.How’s that for a technical response 😂

• Like 2

On 16/05/2020 at 19:06, tubbybloke68 said:

I now have a bb3 and a super midget. A more flexible solution for me I have found. Either one or t’other depending on gig situ and together they sound somewhere in between the super 12t and the big twin gen3 fuller sounding than the super 12t .In reality the bb3 more than covers what I need. I'm talking pub gigs and theatre shows as well. How’s that for a technical response 😂

When you say "BB3" - I presume that is shorthand for Barefaced BB2 Gen 3?

When trading up to the BT2 what you gain is flexibility.

I have the BT2 Gen3 and absolutely love it. HF unit is never ever harsh sounding and the crossover rolls off highs from the woofers as well as rolling off lows from the tweeter for a nice flat response. It is the one cab that can do it all and stay tight at serious soundlevels. When you dial out the HF unit, the woofers get the full range signal again so will sound very reminiscent of your current cab.

On 19/05/2020 at 20:08, DiMarco said:

When trading up to the BT2 what you gain is flexibility.

I have the BT2 Gen3 and absolutely love it. HF unit is never ever harsh sounding and the crossover rolls off highs from the woofers as well as rolling off lows from the tweeter for a nice flat response. It is the one cab that can do it all and stay tight at serious soundlevels. When you dial out the HF unit, the woofers get the full range signal again so will sound very reminiscent of your current cab.

Thanks - this the kind of advice I was after. The term ‘trading up’ has really hit home.

Much to think about 😊