Why become a member? ×

NBW! Bought two!

sshorepunk

Ooh, you tease! There was I about to reel off the old chestnut of, pics or it didn’t happen, and then you come in with a valid excuse; curses! 😂

However, I feel I can speak for the BC collective when I say, “Details, dammit!” 😉

• Like 1

First one arrived today!

Really liking this, sounds great, neck is sweet!

came with flats on, I have a set of roundwounds ready to go, was going to swap them tonight, but it sounds good as is!

When did musicman change the saddles so that you can only adjust so far down? The old saddles allowed the screw to protrude out of the top of the saddle! 

A80DD1C2-A47D-445F-8538-830DF0C40311.jpeg

Edited by sshorepunk
  • Like 2

Took me long enough to find this one!

Just put a set of round wounds on it and removed the plastic film from the pick guard (yes, the previous owner hadn’t removed it!) 

Not had a P bass for a long time, that sound with round wounds, damn! 

Tony 

Really liking the caprice, not owned a sunburst bass for a long time, preferred solid colours but i’m good with this one

Still waiting on the next one, courier isn’t playing ball! 

7BBCF063-57A8-433D-8306-97B830713791.jpeg

Edited by sshorepunk
  • Like 2

Hi. Question for the OP. I've been really curious about these basses ever since they first came out, and I've always wondered what the appeal is for them.

I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but the question for me is ..... if you wanted a P/J, why not get a Fender, or one of the brands known for that style of bass? Why go with a brand that is so closely identified with the Stingray?

Just to be clear, in no way is this meant as a criticism - I'm genuinely interested in the thinking behind it.

17 minutes ago, sshorepunk said:

Really liking the caprice, not owner a sunburst bass for a long time, preferred solid colours but i’m good with this one

Still waiting on the next one, courier isn’t playing ball! 

7BBCF063-57A8-433D-8306-97B830713791.jpeg

Sunburst fan... PJ fan... looks great to me!

9 minutes ago, bassaussie said:

Hi. Question for the OP. I've been really curious about these basses ever since they first came out, and I've always wondered what the appeal is for them.

I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but the question for me is ..... if you wanted a P/J, why not get a Fender, or one of the brands known for that style of bass? Why go with a brand that is so closely identified with the Stingray?

Just to be clear, in no way is this meant as a criticism - I'm genuinely interested in the thinking behind it.

I wanted a PJ with a jazz style neck, which narrows the options a bit, I’ve played a jazz and a MM sterling for several years, really like the sterling, neck dimensions seemed the same and reviews were good! And I just like the look of these and it’s a little bit different! 
stuck between flats and rounds now, might need another PJ 🤣

Tony

4 minutes ago, sshorepunk said:

I wanted a PJ with a jazz style neck, which narrows the options a bit, I’ve played a jazz and a MM sterling for several years, really like the sterling, neck dimensions seemed the same and reviews were good! And I just like the look of these and it’s a little bit different! 
stuck between flats and rounds now, might need another PJ 🤣

Tony

Thanks Tony. Great description, really explains the choice. I've always been a big Musicman fan, I think they make fantastic instruments, and they seem very consistent with their QA, so I can see why you'd be drawn to them. And yes, they do have fantastic necks.