Why become a member? ×

Sold *Trace Elliot AH200
£125
Coseley West Mids, WV149PU

Great amp. 200W @ 4 ohm. Early model.

Selling this in frustration of no gigs, something to do I suppose. Probably regret.

You’re welcome to test through my cab if you wish and I’ll stand back. Sorry observe the 2M.

Geoff

9D830F61-A3FE-4590-B0DB-1AFF98A55F0C.jpeg

23DFE649-74EA-4011-97F7-5A151E16962E.jpeg

832C701E-9658-4179-A105-A46CC1B2B7D2.jpeg

Edited by geoff90guitar

Good question. It did have a slight hum so I took it to MAJ Kingswinford before lockdown to precisely silence the hum. (Although Mick is going deaf)

Anyway, the answer is very very little hum...in silence.

Geoff

• Thanks 1

On 15/05/2020 at 16:08, geoff90guitar said:

Good question. It did have a slight hum so I took it to MAJ Kingswinford before lockdown to precisely silence the hum. (Although Mick is going deaf)

Anyway, the answer is very very little hum...in silence.

Geoff

What was causing the hum? I ask because I own an identical one of these which hums a bit and if its possible to fix it I wouldn't mind getting it done. It's too good an amp not to! 

Hi, it’s a pretty standard job for a technician, typically replacing a capacitor or two because of age and generally a standard £40 charge unless it’s a favour. It’s nothing major. The only worrying thing on a repair is if the transformer has blown, so if you’ve got a sound, there’s hope!

• Thanks 1

I'm amazed this is still here - fabulous amps and one of BC's finest gentlemen sellers.  This is an utter bargain.  I paid around £400 for mine new in 1989 or so.  It was a fortune for me then but the tone and impact on other bass-players in the audiences made it worth every penny.  I know that my Trace purchase triggered loads of others around the Manchester area... hang on a minute, PM incoming...

• MB1 locked this topic