Why become a member? ×

Best Small Bass Combo Amp Under £500 for Home Recording and Practise

That money can get you a really good combo. The list is as long as your arm and it will come down to your specific criteria and preferences. There is a Markbass CMD121P in the Marketplace here for £450 and it's a superb combo as an example.  The Fender Rumble series is highly recommended on here too. 

• Like 2

Here's a video I've posted elsewhere, but it's apropos. I've got both the Rumble 40 combo and 200 combo. If you really want to spend more money, buy the 200. It's sweet. That said, the 40 combo is fantastic for the money. It's even giggable in small venues. It also has a quality (quiet) XLR DI output for recording without a mic. [Note that the DI is post EVERYTHING.] Save the money and spend it on something else. Twice the GAS!

• 4 weeks later...

In addition to the Double Four recommended above, if you don't mind used, you should be able to pick up a nice used Phil Jones Flightcase and definitely a Bass Cub within your budget. If you must have new, the Double Four would be a good choice. I picked up a mint used Flightcase for £350 a couple of years ago and it was excellent. I only sold it because I later bought several small PJB cabs, any one which, with a small class D head, makes a fine home/practice rig, so the Flightcase was surplus to requirements.

6 hours ago, Kiwi said:

The EBS Session 60 combo I used to have was great - amazing low end for such a small size.

I've just acquired on of these from a Basschatter. Really great wee amp, shockingly loud and very clever EQ. Different tonal vibe from my MarkBass CMD102p.

• Like 1

If you'll look away from combos the Phil Jones Cab 27 (2x7") is small, light and fairly pokey. £250 new.  Marry that with say a Markbass 250, or a Trace Elf and you'd be within budget and well provided for.  But you would be mixing and matching tones so it would be slightly more of a lottery.  

Edited by lownote12