Why become a member? ×

Music to chase away family members, friends etc

Chased Through The Woods By A Rapist by Waking The Cadaver will surely see the room empty fairly quickly. Or maybe Hammer Smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse (who strangely featured in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective). Them be room cleaners unless you can tolerate the blackest of metals!

• Like 2

Some great songs mentioned. My personal favourite is this. Not only does it remove all family from my space. I use it at the end of gigs to clear the venue and restore my musical balance. I think it's the resonance that gets them.

• Like 2

I used to work in Nigeria. We used to find that if you wanted rid of any locals from the office, you just had to stick on any guitar based music. They hated it. They go for all that hip hop jazz funk rubbish.

I can't get rid of anyone from our house as my Mrs is into far darker metal than me. Her son has gotten so used to it that he doesn't bother either. Our cat from a kitten has slept right in front of a blaring speaker and the dog doesn't bother either.

When we first started dating she was up one night and I was playing music on random. Some really heavy song came on and I apologised and said I'll change that. She said no, leave it on, I like it. I thought then, this is a keeper!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

Some great songs mentioned. My personal favourite is this. Not only does it remove all family from my space. I use it at the end of gigs to clear the venue and restore my musical balance. I think it's the resonance that gets them.

Good to see another here who enjoys a bit of Biosphere. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, inthedoghouse said:

Ha ha ha ha , that would surely drive away even the hardiest of potiential well-wishers! 🙂 🙂

When I first saw the title 'Machine Gun' I naturally immediately think of The Band of Gypsies, but then I remembered this single I had a very long time ago, and I think I might still have. 

I wonder did anyone else here have timeless classic this back in the day?

Went to see a band that came onstage while Up With People played over the PA.

Action Man would have also worked.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Little Dragon said:

At my shop, when open, I pick the music and the album which gets the most bemused looks from 'yoofs' is probably Zappa's Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch.

Try 200 motels, guaranteed to empty any room quicker than shouting "coronavirus"

• Haha 1

Steve Reich “Music for 18 Musicians”.  My partner and I sat down to watch a piece of contemporary dance called “Rain” the other night which used this piece.  After the 55 minute minimalist masterpiece had finished she declared that if she ever heard another note of Steve Reich it would be too soon!!

Funny. Some thoughts...When I first heard Chariots of Fire by The Bad Plus I was driving in my car and I had to pull over. I never heard a song so eloquently disassembled before (and what bass!). When I had dance parties at The Animal House I could clear the floor with The Mothers "Billy The Mountain". The Art Bears clears rooms faster than Lysol. This Heat. My mother called Steve Hillage "Rainbow Dome Music" "torture music". Music for 18 Musicians can either be life-changing for people, or make them scream. I practice with headphones as to not offend my roomies. I swear I never know what my girlfriend will like or dislike. She seems to enjoy anything I play on thought. And she really likes bass players

If you want to chase me out of a room all you've got to play is some saccharine country, or generic boy/girl band pop...

However, when I used to DJ back in the 80s, after a night of predominately PFunk and electro type grooves I'd play this (everybody usually jumped about crazily)

Followed by this to get 'em out...

20 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

My wife finds it difficult to be in the same room as Cardiacs or Kate Bush. The music, I mean. 

Dunno the cardiacs but I'm with your wife (so to speak) viz Kate Bush. Mrs Spiders mkII was a mega fan. This would have me running out of the house, into the hills, across the seas and far into the deep blue yonder

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Haha 1

My love of The Dillinger Escape Plan means I normally have to listen on headphones, but if I want to get rid of the children it's a good shout

Edited by Graham
One day I'll proof read before posting
  • Like 1