Why become a member? ×

Music to chase away family members, friends etc

This morning I was streaming the album Songs About My Cats by Venetian Snares. The 15 year old thing then walked in to the room and then quickly turned tail and ran upstairs back to her room, clearly distraught by her first experience of drill n' bass. Next up, the Richard D James album by Aphex Twin and and smidge of Merzbow if I sense her lurking by my door again.  During lockdown, if you want some time on your own, what stuff would you put on to scare away pesky kids and any others interrupting your 'me time'?

We went to Cheltenham Jazz Festival last year. One of the acts we went to see was The Bad Plus. 

I thought it was great: my wife, when questioned, said "it was physically painful and I never want to hear anything like that again". My son concurred. 

So anything by TBP tends to work, but all you need to do is say "it's jazz'" and they run a mile. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakester said:

We went to Cheltenham Jazz Festival last year. One of the acts we went to see was The Bad Plus. 

I thought it was great: my wife, when questioned, said "it was physically painful and I never want to hear anything like that again". My son concurred. 

So anything by TBP tends to work, but all you need to do is say "it's jazz'" and they run a mile. 

The name is familiar, but I don't know why. Currently listening to some of the latest album (Activate Infinity) on Bandcamp - have to say I'm really liking it!

I generally find the easiest way to empty a room is to put on anything I've played on...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simon. said:

The name is familiar, but I don't know why. Currently listening to some of the latest album (Activate Infinity) on Bandcamp - have to say I'm really liking it!

I generally find the easiest way to empty a room is to put on anything I've played on...

This one in particular upset them:

Though this tune by Soil&"PIMP"SESSIONS caused consternation (not least because of the screaming at the outset):

Can't see why myself....

24 minutes ago, scalpy said:

My go to for clearing the hall of chin wagging parents at the end of an event is Snarky Puppy. Sounds great over our PA

Skinny Puppy would probably do a better job. Not so easy listening elevator music.

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Ornette's easy listening, relatively speaking - at least there's usually a repeating melody line of sorts.

Try this for clearing a room

Ha ha ha ha , that would surely drive away even the hardiest of potiential well-wishers! 🙂 🙂

When I first saw the title 'Machine Gun' I naturally immediately think of The Band of Gypsies, but then I remembered this single I had a very long time ago, and I think I might still have. 

I wonder did anyone else here have timeless classic this back in the day?

Edited by inthedoghouse