Why become a member? ×

Cab opportunity

Stofferson

1 minute ago, BruceBass3901 said:

That is why I went for the NEO 210, and that is pretty capable of filling the stages I play. I don't know if maybe I'm just trying to find an excuse to try something different.

Sounds possible. Any excuse for GAS, eh?! Do it... ;)

3 minutes ago, Stofferson said:

I always thought it was the amp so I kept chopping and changing that, when you realise the amp isn't necessarily the issue and try a barefaced cab then boom! 

Alex at Barefaced really rates the ABM600 as an amp and thinks it pairs very well with his 10" cabs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BruceBass3901 said:

That is why I went for the NEO 210, and that is pretty capable of filling the stages I play. I don't know if maybe I'm just trying to find an excuse to try something different.

Slippery slope! I'd love to put a CTM on top of the 610 and listen to that. I bet it's brilliant. 

1 minute ago, Muppet said:

Alex at Barefaced really rates the ABM600 as an amp and thinks it pairs very well with his 10" cabs. 

That he does. I think they have an earlier ABM head as one of their test sources actually, though I may be wrong on that.

IME the ABM pairs brilliantly with both the Super Compact and the various xTen cabs :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BruceBass3901 said:

I know I'm happy with my ABMs and CTM, but the more I think about it, the more I think maybe the cabs are my 'weak point' at the moment, as I sort of worry about my NEO 210 at higher volumes.

Last year majority of the gigs we just took heads and breakables and used whatever was there, great from trying different stuff, rubbish for ending up on a gig going through something rubbish haha, now I have the bf cab I always take it with me cos I can guarantee a great time, now we're doing bigger gigs hence the original info kicking off this post

Just now, Muppet said:

Slippery slope! I'd love to put a CTM on top of the 610 and listen to that. I bet it's brilliant. 

Well... you have the cab... I have the head... I reckon once this virus blows over, there might be a chance of a fun afternoon!

Maybe I need to actually get to one of these Bass Bashes I see advertised on here to try some of these things out, eh?

• Like 2

Just now, BruceBass3901 said:

Well... you have the cab... I have the head... I reckon once this virus blows over, there might be a chance of a fun afternoon!

Maybe I need to actually get to one of these Bass Bashes I see advertised on here to try some of these things out, eh?

Make a note of that for when we can all travel again!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Merton said:

That he does. I think they have an earlier ABM head as one of their test sources actually, though I may be wrong on that.

IME the ABM pairs brilliantly with both the Super Compact and the various xTen cabs :)

Yeah man when I was chatting with Alex, he highly rated it, bear in mind I went from a TE 600 to this, i know I know haha, I originally had a bf big twin t but I don't get in with 12s, I like to growl and sit on the low mids, the 12s are too "plain" for me 

Edited by Stofferson

Sorry @Stofferson, I feel like this has become a bit off-topic now!

In answer to your original question, it seems like it is more of a question of how easily can you move the 610 compared to a 410 and a 210? 

Nah it's awesome, really feel part of the crew now haha, 

6 a one half a dozen of the others.

Did a 5 date support tour in Feb, really opened my eyes, we gig 100+ a year but as we were main support for a headline band we got to play some kickass venues.

Because of this we were invited back for a 14 date tour in Oct Nov (covid permitting) hence the want to upgrade to a bigger rig, travel wise if I can find half the drums off to another member either will be fine. Bread and butter gigs. . .many options depending on location, taking turns driving etc, in all honesty I'm swaying towards the 210 to complement my four10, but as I type that. The 610 makes me happy as well

Fingers crossed things work out! A load of my gigs have been cancelled, rescheduled or are totally up in the air, including festivals and loads of local gigs.

It sounds like either option would be made to work then, so it all comes down to whether you want one trouser-flappingly loud box with wheels, or two smaller ones without!

• Like 1

Fingers crossed things work out! A load of my gigs have been cancelled, rescheduled or are totally up in the air, including festivals and loads of local gigs.

It sounds like either option would be made to work then, so it all comes down to whether you want one trouser-flappingly loud box with wheels, or two smaller ones without!

Yeah man we were 20 gigs in, loads of awesome gigs have gone tits up.

Should have been in Ibiza last week 😭.

At least 90 percent are rescheduled for next year.

Just itching to make loud noises so bad.

Yeah it's a bugger. Either is gonna be killer 😬

51 minutes ago, Stofferson said:

Yeah man we were 20 gigs in, loads of awesome gigs have gone tits up.

Should have been in Ibiza last week 😭.

At least 90 percent are rescheduled for next year.

Just itching to make loud noises so bad.

Yeah it's a bugger. Either is gonna be killer 😬

Suspect that we might have heard you from Ibiza sir. Wish I could afford any Barefaced stuff, making do with Trace G.A.S instead.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JottoSW1 said:

Suspect that we might have heard you from Ibiza sir. Wish I could afford any Barefaced stuff, making do with Trace G.A.S instead.

Ha if only, could afford the extra cash to ship the whole rig on a Ryan air flight,

The bass and a sansamp is good enough, they use a great Ashdown set up for the festival over there, think it's an Evo 3 900 watt head and an 810.

Still nice and loud!

Love trace, I do wish they were still going properly, or bass amp companies made amps like that, we do have Ashdown though !

• 2 weeks later...

The only way that a 2x10 will mate well with a 4x10 is if the 2x10 has twice the impedance of the 4x10. That way when operated in parallel each driver in either cabinet will see the same power level. You do have to make sure that the combined impedance does not go lower than the amplifiers minimum operating impedance.

4 minutes ago, BassmanPaul said:

The only way that a 2x10 will mate well with a 4x10 is if the 2x10 has twice the impedance of the 4x10. That way when operated in parallel each driver in either cabinet will see the same power level. You do have to make sure that the combined impedance does not go lower than the amplifiers minimum operating impedance.

Yeah man, the bf 210 is switchable 4/12 ohms, with the 410 at 8ohms I could use it at 12 ohms, using 1 head it'd run at 4.8. roughly getting 60% to the 410 and 40% to the 210.

Next level would be getting a second head to run each cab separate.

Hey @Stofferson hope all's good man. The 610 is a (reasonably) easy move, sounds immense, and looks cool. That said, I went from a 610 to modular 210s so I can adapt my rig according to venue/ gig, and whilst I do more trips loading, I find it much easier overall with the 210s. 

Rehearsals I use a 210 mostly, small gigs 2 cabs, big gigs 3 cabs. The switchable Independences are really helpful in this regard. 

Modular I think you also end up with a slightly higher stack than the 610 alone, which also adds more stage dominance!!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Hey @Stofferson hope all's good man. The 610 is a (reasonably) easy move, sounds immense, and looks cool. That said, I went from a 610 to modular 210s so I can adapt my rig according to venue/ gig, and whilst I do more trips loading, I find it much easier overall with the 210s. 

Rehearsals I use a 210 mostly, small gigs 2 cabs, big gigs 3 cabs. The switchable Independences are really helpful in this regard. 

Modular I think you also end up with a slightly higher stack than the 610 alone, which also adds more stage dominance!!

Alright Andy!

Yeah good mate, how's you guys?

yeah, after a good few weeks of thinking it over now, deffo gonna pick up a 210 when money is good again, i think a 410 and 210 will be ideal.

would love the 610, but it does some what limit the options modular wise!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stofferson said:

Alright Andy!

Yeah good mate, how's you guys?

yeah, after a good few weeks of thinking it over now, deffo gonna pick up a 210 when money is good again, i think a 410 and 210 will be ideal.

would love the 610, but it does some what limit the options modular wise!

Ah nice choice Chris! Hopefully cross paths again when the world opens up. We were meant to be on at Desertfest this year. Sucks, but just one of those things. 

Look forward to the pics when you pull the rig together, Stay safe in the meantime man ✌️

1 hour ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Ah nice choice Chris! Hopefully cross paths again when the world opens up. We were meant to be on at Desertfest this year. Sucks, but just one of those things. 

Look forward to the pics when you pull the rig together, Stay safe in the meantime man ✌️

Deffo man, hopefully some where larger than the Gryphon! Not that there's anything wrong with it lol!

Ahh shady man, would love to do that, we've had loads of killer shows binned off 😭. Fingers crossed we're all good sooon! When it's safe ofcourse.

See you on the road dude!

19 hours ago, Stofferson said:

Yeah man, the bf 210 is switchable 4/12 ohms, with the 410 at 8ohms I could use it at 12 ohms, using 1 head it'd run at 4.8. roughly getting 60% to the 410 and 40% to the 210.

Next level would be getting a second head to run each cab separate.

With two drivers to get 4Ω, each driver has to be 8Ω run in Parallel. Switching them to Series results in 16Ω not 12Ω.

Edited by BassmanPaul

5 hours ago, Stofferson said:

If you don't keep in mind what I posted the cabs won't work well with each other. If both are 8Ω the 2x10 will limit the abilities of the 4x10. You could well get less that the 4x10😘 by itself.

3 minutes ago, BassmanPaul said:

If you don't keep in mind what I posted the cabs won't work well with each other. If both are 8Ω the 2x10 will limit the abilities of the 4x10. You could well get less that the 4x10😘 by itself.

Aye I know that, but the barefaced 210 switches from 4ohms to 12ohms, not to 16 dude. After speaking to Alex it he says it does more or less react like an 8ohm cab on the 12 tap, nothings exact.

Plus in the long run I'll be getting a 2nd head, each cab will have its own amp.