Why become a member? ×

Cab opportunity

Stofferson

I normally favour a modular setup to give me options for different sized venues, but having taken my 610 to my last gig, I think I actually preferred just loading the one larger cab compared to several easier trips. It may just be me trying to justify giving the 610 more outings though as it sounded glorious!

The larger cab may be easier to move overall due to the wheels, but may be more difficult to actually get into your vehicle compared to two smaller cabinets of different sizes.

I fear that I may have not actually helped, but possibly highlighted a few areas to consider 😅

If I recall correctly, there were three versions of the Two10: fixed 4-ohm, fixed 12-ohm, and switchable.  You probably don't want the one which is only 4-ohms because it won't work optimally with an 8-ohm Four10 - the small cab will be getting 2/3 of the power (I think!).

Thanks guys

If I went for the two 10 it is the switchable one, 12 ohms plus 8 ohms from the four 10 would be 4.8 load which would be cool.

The six 10 has wheels! If I do go for the two cab option I'd probably spend even more on a second head 😂.

Mam this is hard 

1 hour ago, Merton said:

Two10. More modular :)

Yep. I had the BF410 & 210 and it really was a doddle to move it about. 

Another thing to consider is transporting a 610, maybe fine in our own vehicles but say a gig coincides with car not working/needing repairs, much easier to get a lift/taxi with a lightweight 410 and leave the 210 at home.

Edited by Lozz196

5 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Yep. I had the BF410 & 210 and it really was a doddle to move it about. 

Another thing to consider is transporting a 610, maybe fine in our own vehicles but say a gig coincides with car not working/needing repairs, much easier to get a lift/taxi with a lightweight 410 and leave the 210 at home.

Fortunately never had that issue, but being the one in the band that has the estate car I do usually get lumbered with the kit and cabs 🤔

10 minutes ago, BruceBass3901 said:

You have an ABM600, you don't need another head! Unless it is a CTM maybe 😉 Or an ABM1200...

😂 I know I love it.

Plan A (most expensive)

Would be the 210 and 410 and 2 ABM 600 to run each cab at appropriate volumes and tweaked EQ. As well as if one went tits up on tour I can use the other 1.

I do normally take two heads on a long run tour but I usually borrow one off a mate.

A 1200 would be amazing but I wish it had separate volume controls for each power section @Ashdown Engineering or a bridge mode 😱😉😉.

Plan b (not quite as expensive)

Is either get the 610 or the 210 with my existing 410 and just run 1 head.

Argh!

Edited by Stofferson

36 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I like plan A, due to three factors:

It would look great

Option to send lows to 410, highs to 210

I’m selling an ABM600 on here 😁

Damn you! 

I really had my eye on the rack mount ones from the main website in the B stock builds.

But that'd mean getting two of them!

I'm sure you can get rack ears for the normal ones anyway 😬.

2 minutes ago, BruceBass3901 said:

I'm pretty sure you can get a rackmount kit for them. The chassis for the rackmount and standard are the same, as my chrome faced ABM600 is just a rack version stuffed into the standard head sleeve

Thanks dude, thought I'd seen a few guys ask about them 

The more I see people with Ashdown amps using Barefaced cabs, the more I wonder if I'm missing a trick by still using Ashdown cabs. My ABM610, ABM 810 and ABM NEO 210 sound good to me, but those Barefaced offerings always get incredible reviews.

Edited by BruceBass3901

1 minute ago, BruceBass3901 said:

The more I see people with Ashdown amps using Barefaced cabs, the more I wonder if I'm missing a trick by still using Ashdown cabs. My ABM610, ABM 810 and ABM NEO 210 sound good to me, but those Barefaced offerings always get incredible reviews.

The ABM cabs do have a lovely sound, but the BF size and weight is difficult to beat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BruceBass3901 said:

I've had more cabs and heads in my small time in this earth, not anything special, but I've been after that tone in my head, if you get me.

I always thought it was the amp so I kept chopping and changing that, when you realise the amp isn't necessarily the issue and try a barefaced cab then boom! 

2 minutes ago, Muppet said:

The ABM cabs do have a lovely sound, but the BF size and weight is difficult to beat. 

Yeah man considering I can pick the bf up with one hand no issues and it's sounds bigger than an 810.

Ashdown make awesome cabs but bf just bring the tone to life and project it right up my guitarist derrière!

2 minutes ago, Muppet said:

That is why I went for the NEO 210, and that is pretty capable of filling the stages I play. I don't know if maybe I'm just trying to find an excuse to try something different.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stofferson said:

I've had more cabs and heads in my small time in this earth, not anything special, but I've been after that tone in my head, if you get me.

I always thought it was the amp so I kept chopping and changing that, when you realise the amp isn't necessarily the issue and try a barefaced cab then boom! 

I know I'm happy with my ABMs and CTM, but the more I think about it, the more I think maybe the cabs are my 'weak point' at the moment, as I sort of worry about my NEO 210 at higher volumes.