Why become a member? ×

SOLD Sterling by Musicman SMBB SB14
£375
Chorley, Lancs. PR6

ead

Sterling by Music Man SB14 bass with branded high quality gig bag – Very good condition

For sale is my Sterling By Music Man SB14 bass. The serial number dates the bass to 2010.  I have owned the bass since new and it is in excellent overall condition with barely a mark on it. One point to mention:

The bass came with a white pearl pickguard to which I took an instant dislike and sprayed to a matt black finish.  The nut width on these instruments is pretty slim and quite jazz-like although the depth of the neck is more P bass than J bass. It is however beautifully finished with a lovely silky smooth satin lacquer.

Sterling by Music Man SB14 Bass Features:

·         Body:  Basswood

·         Neck:  Maple

·         Fingerboard:  Maple

·         Pickups:  Music Man Humbucking with ceramic magnets and a hum-cancelling phantom coil

·         Preamp:  3-band Active Preamp: Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass

·         Bridge:  Music Man designed

·         Tuners:  Open Gear

The maple fingerboard has been beautifully finished and the fret work is excellent too.  The frets themselves have barely any visible wear.  This particular bass weighs in at bang on 9lbs by my scales so quite light for the breed.

The 3-band EQ plus pickup coil switching allow three options: Parallel for the classic Stingray sound; single coil with phantom coil (for hum cancelling); and series options. The bass comes with an SBMM gig bag; probably the best gig bag I've come across with nice soft and thick padding.

Now that we are allowed to move about to a degree I’d much prefer to meet up somewhere in person to exchange the bass with suitable social distancing.  A courier would be a last resort and would be for you to organise.  I will be very flexible with your collection arrangements as I am working from home all the while.

These SBMM basses get a lot of love on t'interweb. Here is a pic to whet the appetite.  I will take some more in the next day or so.

SB14.thumb.jpg.380e13a3cfc8b55788ad1ff3ca6e4894.jpg

Edited by ead
  • Like 1