Why become a member? ×

SOLD ELSEWHERE Fender Jazz 65 reissue MIJ
£750
Chorley, Lancs. PR6

ead

Now sold elsewhere, thanks for all the interest.

Fender ‘65RI Jazz Bass 2007 MIJ 

Here is my pretty rare Fender Japan JB65B-85US.  I believe that these were non-export models and were built to US spec with Alder bodies and US pickup.  The bass is in very good condition.  There are no bumps and bruises, no buckle rash and the back of the neck is flawless. 

Produced in 2007, and as mentioned above, the bass has an Alder body, aged Olympic White finish with a matching headstock, dots and bound neck with a Rosewood fingerboard and USA Vintage pickups.  The colour is more cream than white, I have included a picture with some white printer paper over the body for comparison purposes.

In a couple of places around the cutaways the finish has turned to a light caramel colour.  This appears to be related to the paint and the finish is unbroken.  I have tried to photograph this for you to judge.

The bass weighs around 4.2kgs (or just over 9lbs in old money) and comes with a nice gig bag.

IMO the Japanese reputation for the care and attention to detail they bring to marrying pieces of wood together is well deserved.  It’s hard to price they don’t appear for sale that often but I’d like £750 collected.  I not in any hurry to part with it and it’ll be no hardship to keep.

Now that we are allowed to move about to a degree I’d much prefer to meet up somewhere in person to exchange the bass with suitable social distancing.  A courier would be a last resort and would be for you to organise.  I will be very flexible with your collection arrangements as I am working from home all the while.

Here are some pics, please note that the neck is not as amber as it seems in some of the images.  The best representation of the colour is the image of the reverse of the headstock.  If you'd like to see any detail please just ask.

Edited by ead
  • Like 6

I've got the '66 version of this, same colour but with pearl block inlays. Hands down the best Jazz I've ever played, the best made and the best looking by far. It even edges my Bravewood Jazz and that's saying something. Someone's going to get a real bargain and all their Christmases coming at once!!!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, three said:

That's gorgeous - dots and bound makes me go weak at the knees.  I'm thinking lollipops too

I was thinking the same thing, but I've only managed to find 3 in the UK so far which is a bit irritating.

1 hour ago, richardd said:

Lovely Bass Alain,What next 😊

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you afterwards :)

May well keep it though as it is the nicest Fender J I've owned.

Edited by ead

12 minutes ago, richardd said:

Thought I had that Alain 😊

Now superceded in my affections :).  In my defence I'm very shallow.

Edited by ead

• ped locked this topic