Why become a member? ×

Cheap Chinese neck!

Basscabman

11 hours ago, funkynotstinky said:

@Basscabman Wondering how the neck's getting on 6-9 months later? How does it play,  how's the intonation etc.? Any other comments or observations? 

I've just stumbled across the same seller on eBay and the quality looks decent in the pics. They appear better than a lot of the other options. 

Cheers in advance, Paul. 

It's great mate, really low action, Only had to adjust the truss rod once since I got It. 

• Like 2

I bought a Jinwan neck, a lefty P bass neck with binding and pearl blocks. I ordered the black painted one to go for the 80s MIJ look and got glossed maple. That was one of a few issues... The neck is made for either a lefty or for right handers to use it upside down, there's dot markers on both edges! But also, the nut is in upside down! It fits perfectly to a P bass body I had built by Guitarandbassbuilds.com and when I eventually get time I will be building the bass with that neck attached. 

When it arrived with issues I emailed Jinwan and got a response within 1 day and a satisfactory resolution a day after that. Good customer service I think. 

• Like 2

I've one of Willie's  (Twin-Cam) necks.  Yet to use it so can't comment on it.

I've also bought a few Kmise jazz necks, really nice necks that cost buttons. The Kmise folks are brilliant, very proactive should there be a problem. Dealt with them plenty of times, honest and trustworthy.  If I'm honest Kmise is one of the best eBay sellers. They've refunded me for goods on route, trusting I'd contact them for an invoice once they arrived.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Good to know thank you 

Aye Stew, they're first class.

Here's another example.  With impeccable timing I placed an order just before China went into lockdown.  Few days later Kmise email me saying things don't look great and there may be a delay, I tell them it's OK as I'm in no hurry. Following week they contact me again, this time saying I should cancel and source the parts elsewhere. 

Again I tell them it'll be fine 🙂

It took them another 4 or 5 similar emails to break my resolve and follow their advice 😁

• Like 1

Thanks all for your input! Food for though (UB40 pun intended). Seems to be a bit hit and miss, which is understandable for the price. Also depends on people's expectations. Some expect the moon and are therefore mega disappointed. The heel seems a common problem as mentioned. My expectation is for something, quality and play-ability wise, on par or potentially better than a Squier Affinity. 

Kmise products look interesting, I might do some research on their pedals, but not much on offer in the way of neck options, which is why I'm leaning towards Jinwan.  

Some great looking examples, cheers @kodiakblair @andruca

• Like 1