Why become a member? ×

Pointless Daily Challenge #1

Happy Jack

I have been challenged to start a random, pointless Topic every day - without explanation - just to irritate other Basschatters.

Today's random Topic is, why do so many otherwise perfectly sensible people think I give a flying f*** which albums influenced them when they were growing up, or which films they have posted stills from?

To make this even more irritating, I'm going to nominate named individuals to try to put them under some sort of peer group pressure to waste even more time.

So here's looking at you, @Bassassin @silverfoxnik @tayste_2000 @Clarky @Beedster @Shaggy @stewblack @Rich

• Haha 3

Thanks @Happy Jack

I didn't know you cared enough to waste some of your time on here to get me to waste more of my time.. 

And no doubt, someone else will come along soon and waste their time as well. And so on.. 

This really is an exercise worthy of comparison with the Government's pointless 5pm daily briefings.. 👍😁😂

Stay Home and choose your favourite albums - > Waste everyone's time - > Save Lives

Meanwhile, Album number 47 in my all time top 10 is...

• Haha 4

I think you are in error if you think I or anyone else thinks you care about such things. You see the point is we, as a species, are social animals and sharing and bonding are vital to the survival of that species. Even though we no longer need anything to survive (we are effectively an out of control cell multiplying on the body of the earth) these instincts are still within us.

Saying hey I love Led Zeppelin's second album, or I love Hull City or I love precision basses will provoke a visceral response. Those who feel similarly will warm to us and share their love for such things, we will bond with these members of our tribe and protect them if they are under threat, confident that we also have their protection. The people who think Houses Of The Holy was far superior and Hull City are Ok but far from the best team and I don't mind a p-bass but I'm a jazz kind of guy really will be happy to enter into a friendly discourse with us but neither of us will feel we particularly have each other's backs if a neighbouring tribe raid the cave.

Now if you say why the hell would you even like anything by that pile of carp band and I fecking hate Hull City fans especially those who can't see the p-bass for the waste of wood that it is, well, now we know where we stand and you will have to be incredibly sensitive to subjects close to my heart in future if you want any of the meat I've scavanged before the hyenas arrived. In fact I suspect you to be in league with the enemy tribe and as such are persona non grata as far as me and the rest of our tribe are concerned, so you can bog off.

We don't think these things but our emotional and intellectual responses are firmly rooted in them.

So, was New Boots And Panties one of the greatest albums of the seventies? Think carefully before you answer Jack.

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, E sharp said:

When I was 13 this was an influential album .

Wankas.jpg

At last the answer to the question we have all been asking for years...what is the best bass for a bunch of Wanka`s!

Edited by jezzaboy
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Phew!!! I managed to fly under the RADAR on that one...

Not looking forward to tomorrow's Pointless Daily Challenge

Me too, and  if @Happy Jack thinks we care about what he thinks that we think he cares about what we cared about re. influences,  then he can think again.. er.....  where was i ?

Oh yeah, i was influenced by Quo and Hawkwind when i was a teenager, as if anyone cares

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Phew!!! I managed to fly under the RADAR on that one...

Not looking forward to tomorrow's Pointless Daily Challenge

Also, I think @skankdelvar will be most aggrieved in the inexplicable absence of his inclusion in this most remarkably noble of causes...

BTW, I was most influenced by Kim Wilde, Debbie Harry and that tennis girl poster in my teenage years and a bit later on Teri Hatcher.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashweb said:

Also, I think @skankdelvar will be most aggrieved in the inexplicable absence of his inclusion in this most remarkably noble of causes...

:) Fine by me. These days I'm only posting stuff that's useful in a practical sense, like how* to get minor orange peel defects out of a poly re-spray. 

* Use a sanding block and progressively finer grades of wet and dry paper up to 12000 then finish with Meguiars ScratchX-20 on a rotary buffing attachment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Clarky said:

Here's my bearded dragon Wezley and a raspberry. I nominate Wezley to eat the raspberry

20200512_150400.jpg

Can we have an update please vis a vis Wezley eating said raspberry? 

This is Bwian and his other half Corrino. They are sadly no longer with us although their offspring are hopefully still about somewhere. I don't think I ever gave them a raspberry. 🤔

Bwian & Corrino 1.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

:) Fine by me. These days I'm only posting stuff that's useful in a practical sense, like how* to get minor orange peel defects out of a poly re-spray. 

* Use a sanding block and progressively finer grades of wet and dry paper up to 12000 then finish with Meguiars ScratchX-20 on a rotary buffing attachment.

That's your answer for everything though (and the reason why I stopped subscribing to your medical  advice pamphlets) 😐

Edited by chaypup