Why become a member? ×

Best P you have ever tried?

Alberto Rigoni

1 hour ago, bigsmokebass said:

20190413_221118.thumb.jpg.4d0e827aeda24f46ae12045a9459fbe9.jpg

New and old pbasses from my collection. 

That black P looks like my old Squier JV. I put the same pick guard on mine. In fact i found the PG a few weeks ago. Covered with hologram stickers from the 80’s lol. 

As for those lovely burst Yamahas, thats not helping my 435 GAS. Wish i had got my P34 in burst now. 

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

I'm gagging for the 435 I bought a couple of months ago but sent it back when we went in to lockdown. Trying to buy it back from the shop. It  weighed spot on 8lbs and sounded better than my P34. 

Wow. I never expected that.

Might get it to 7 3/4 or even 7 1/2 with some Hipshot Ultralites 

25 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Wow. I never expected that.

Might get it to 7 3/4 or even 7 1/2 with some Hipshot Ultralites 

I was blown away with how light it felt. Stupidly i sent it back, but have been enquiring about buying it back. 

13 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

That black P looks like my old Squier JV. I put the same pick guard on mine. In fact i found the PG a few weeks ago. Covered with hologram stickers from the 80’s lol. 

As for those lovely burst Yamahas, thats not helping my 435 GAS. Wish i had got my P34 in burst now. 

Tbf, I've not played one for long enough side by side with the BBP35 to give you a proper review but the BB435 basses aren't too dissimilar. There are differences don't get me wrong BUT all in all, a £400 version of these basses are killer for the money! You won't regret it. 

If you're ever in the northwest, you can always drop by the try mine 👍🏻

On 14/05/2020 at 12:11, chris_b said:

I've owned a Precision bass since March 1969. I only stopped playing it when I moved to 5 strings. After a 10 year gap playing Wals and Laklands, I bought my Mike Lull PJ5. Now that is the best P bass I've picked up so far.

June 2011 104.jpg

I have to admit that selling my PJ5 was stupid as .... I would tend to agree with  them being right up there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigsmokebass said:

Tbf, I've not played one for long enough side by side with the BBP35 to give you a proper review but the BB435 basses aren't too dissimilar. There are differences don't get me wrong BUT all in all, a £400 version of these basses are killer for the money! You won't regret it. 

If you're ever in the northwest, you can always drop by the try mine 👍🏻

Thanks. To be clear, i have a P34 and had a 435 (for a short time) and have played a P35. I prefer the tone of the 435, it sounded a bit closer to my fender, and was a lot lighter. If i could go back to last summer had thought about ti more I would have got a 434 instead of the P34, purely on preference and nothing at all wrong with the P34. 

• Like 1

I think I've only played 3 P basses, owned 2 of them.

So, it's got to be my current bista. A Squier VM Precision with the neck from a Fender Precision Blacktop. The MIK Squier P bass comes a close second. Last was the MIM Fender P, very underwhelming to be honest (glad I didn't spend the extra £s on it)

So here's my current P bass.

IMG_1432.jpeg