Why become a member? ×

Songs to upset music shop staff.....

T-Bay

Maybe Owner of a lonely heart by Yes can drive people a bit crazy if you stick to the main riff.

As said previously by other, once I'm in a shop, I don't know why but all I remember are the early songs I learned.

7 hours ago, Ashweb said:

Once you totally mastered Baker Street (and told 'em confidently it was played by Bob Holness of Blockbusters fame for good measure 😉 )  You could turn your Sax chops towards the Pink Panther theme (written apparently after Henry Mancini visited Durham) - that'll really cheer them up.

As for bass, try seeing how far you get with the intro to Psycho Killer by Talking Heads, or Sunshine of Your Love by Cream...

Good luck with your mission!

Sunshine of your love was on my original list, it’s a cracking riff (one of the best imho) but they must hear it sooooooo many times.

• Like 1

At the end of the day who cares what they say about hearing songs over and over? Every time I go into Guitar Guitar they always say to me feel free to have a go on anything mate. I always say I'm just looking but if they hated hearing people noodle why would they ask? I suppose they are being nice plus they are trying to sell things but endless noodlers must put wear and tear on new instruments. I remember going to buy a Fender Telecaster. I spotted a gorgeous tobacco burst one but found a big scratch on the body. They didn't offer anything off the price, so I went for a wine coloured one which I don't like as much but is in mint condition.