Why become a member? ×

Filling extra pot holes.

x20xt6

The finish is superb and it would be a shame to do anything to detract from it. Perhaps just fit a few fake pots with matching knobs? It could be your version of Leland Sklar's famous producer switch.

5 minutes ago, JohnR said:

The finish is superb and it would be a shame to do anything to detract from it. Perhaps just fit a few fake pots with matching knobs? It could be your version of Leland Sklar's famous producer switch.

Ha yes, classic!

2 minutes ago, Waddycall said:

An LED and a mini toggle switch to turn it on and off! If you used a double pole switch you could have it as a kill switch with a RED LED as off or green as on!

I mean, that would be genius haha. However, the Darkglass chip itself is a bit of a chunky boy, so the space in the back cavity is so minimal now, probably not an option sadly!

• Like 1

I had this dilemma when I rewired a les paul guitar, I don't like 2 volumes so went for one vol and one tone, I put a coil tap switch on one hole and a bullet in the other, a Winchester 38 special fitted nicely with a bit of tape on the inside of the cavity to hold it snugly 

15893899434671162245298392666494.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt P said:

I had this dilemma when I rewired a les paul guitar, I don't like 2 volumes so went for one vol and one tone, I put a coil tap switch on one hole and a bullet in the other, a Winchester 38 special fitted nicely with a bit of tape on the inside of the cavity to hold it snugly 

15893899434671162245298392666494.jpg

That looks excellent!

When I put the Darkglass Tone Capsule in, I wired beyond the Blend and Volume pots and didn't actually looks at the wires coming out the pickups.

There are actually only 2 cores coming out of each pickup though, unfortunately.