Why become a member? ×

Roadworn

stewblack

6 hours ago, martthebass said:

I wish I hadn't seen this thread, got me thinking about a Bravewood Jazz.  I don't need one, I don't need one, I don't need one........

Of course you do. It is pointless to resist. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Easy to duplicate, apparently. My brother bought a genuine '62 SG Junior that had been refinished to disguise where a Bigsby had been fitted. It had been expertly checked by cycling it in and out of a freezer. No other wear added, looks (and sounds) the dog's.

I just left mine in my car for a winter. It cracked beautifully even though the nitro was fresh 

Edited by Geek99

Couple of things about Rory Gallagher and his Strat:

* His sweat may have been much more acidic than normal due to liver / kidney damage caused by a combination of alcohol consumption and - possibly - haemochromatosis (strangely prevalent in Irish men). Strange to think that the reproductions of his guitar may actually reproduce the secondary effects of the disease that killed him.

Excessively acidic sweat can be an indicator of various medical conditions and should be referred to a medical professional.

* A few years ago one of the guitar mags took a basic Strat and Rory'd it by stripping it to bare wood, masking off the areas of wear with a template and spraying a sunburst over the top. Outcome: pretty much a CS Rory Gallagher - as one of the earlier contributors to this thread has surmised :)

Edited by skankdelvar

1 hour ago, spectoremg said:

Lightweight, tons of features and 31 frets, I say again THIRTY ONE FRETS. Someone won't be able to resist 😂

It's just a pity he makes every single one sound terrible.

Just looked up the price of the 5-string fretted model... $8995! I think I'll stick with my Gus basses.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, spectoremg said:

Lightweight, tons of features and 31 frets, I say again THIRTY ONE FRETS. Someone won't be able to resist 😂

That fretless is bonkers!! PS the Gittler website appears to have been hacked so be wary if searching for further info.