Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Factory

stewblack

1 hour ago, Cuzzie said:

Whole series of those videos - it’s an even better place in the flesh

Good to share it buddy

Thanks mate , I'll look for the rest of them. Ever since I started gassing for a particular Sandberg I've been spending rather too much time with their name in my search bar

Does anybody know their contact details ? I wanted to ask why my bullet has no body decal. All the hardware is Sandberg - it's in a Sandberg gigbag etc. so I have no reason to doubt it's authenticity but unusual not to have the decal.

s-l16001.thumb.jpg.9131bca747f697b0f1304dd482e206e1.jpg

s-l16002.thumb.jpg.4b8414f7bcb6471deac22cb33b30f035.jpg

s-l16003.thumb.jpg.689a4a01eb0aec817887c44943f13436.jpg

s-l16005.thumb.jpg.a9ad97a46c53e65dbb49e98e8be4bf74.jpg

Edited by edstraker123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, adamg67 said:

Oh no! I went and looked at the Sanberg site, and now I want a Forty-Eight!

I get a strong sense of deja-vu :D

That's where I was a year ago! First it was looking at those 48s and playing with the configurator. Then it was going to a shop where I knew they had a couple. Next thing I knew, I had ordered a VM4 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I knew next to nothing about Sandbergs until I had some time to kill in early January and wandered into Oxford PMT. I had no intention of buying anything, but walked out an hour or so later nearly two grand lighter and carrying a Sandberg Panther special. Probably the best bass I've ever played, even better than my Alembic Epic. 

I have to ration my time playing it as I still love my Fenders (and now my Yamaha), but it really is the most comfortable and best sounding bass I've ever played.

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I knew next to nothing about Sandbergs until I had some time to kill in early January and wandered into Oxford PMT. I had no intention of buying anything, but walked out an hour or so later nearly two grand lighter and carrying a Sandberg Panther special. Probably the best bass I've ever played, even better than my Alembic Epic. 

I have to ration my time playing it as I still love my Fenders (and now my Yamaha), but it really is the most comfortable and best sounding bass I've ever played.

Panther slips beneath the radar, it is an absolute splendid instrument

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Panther slips beneath the radar, it is an absolute splendid instrument

It certainly is! It's so comfortable to play (used for the last Grateful Dudes' gig - about 2 1/2 hours - and no hand cramp at all - first time I've got through a long one without some pain) and it has a wonderful tone -  most individual and beautiful.

3 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

It certainly is! It's so comfortable to play (used for the last Grateful Dudes' gig - about 2 1/2 hours - and no hand cramp at all - first time I've got through a long one without some pain) and it has a wonderful tone -  most individual and beautiful.

Absolutely on the money - it blew my mind when I picked one up to play it - congrats on having a wonderful machine

• Like 1

On 14/05/2020 at 07:34, ClassicVibes said:

Those new Sandberg California SL basses - the body uses paulownia. Isn't that wood known to have strength issues and is quite susceptible to breaks?

Not breaks but woods like Paulownia and Cedar May well mark more easily

Paulownia is also known as princess or empress wood and has been used by other manufacturers I think G&L.

Lightweight, strong, Eco friendly as very quick growing, mainly out East which is probably why most Companies don’t use it.

26 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

I have one of these - it’s a very lovely thing. Had it up for sale a year ago but swiftly came to my senses and withdrew it.

Stay with your senses, I can't afford it yet. Leave your senses the moment I say the word. 

• Haha 2