Why become a member? ×

TRADED £1350 Sei Custom Jazz V top condition
£1450
London

Ander87

Right.... I got this in a trade just now - fantastic bass and really tempted to keep it as it plays amazingly with a dead straight neck and low action and it's in an unbelievably good shape. It plays amazingly and I will secretly hate whoever takes it as I want it for myself but really need the money.

Really really versatile, you can pull a lot of growl as the pickups are really high gain without any hum etc - you can get very clean tones too and a very nice tight sounding B.

The bass is so polished that you can see me in the reflections and you can barely notice the ramp (can come off) between the pickups ( same height and finish as the body, really good ramp). The only marks are in the headstock and don't reveal the wood - no bumps and I have tried as good as possible to reflect in the pictures - I'm really picky for this and I honestly can't fault it.

These basses are made in The Bass Gallery by Martin who has some fantastic other models. No CNC and etc, proper handmade. 

These basses retail at about £3k and have seen the same one with some dings posted by £1450.. Considering there are no marks anywhere in the body and a tiny couple I consider this to be a very fair price!

Specs:

Bolt on Swamp Ash body
Rock Maple neck with Ebony fretboard, 24 frets, rolled off edges
EMG 40P (neck) EMG 40CS (bridge) Pickups
Electronics: John East Uni Pre 4
Tuners: Hipshot USA Clover
Bridge: ABM Rolling Bridge, adjustable 17-19 but currently 18mm spacing
Scale: 35"

Weight is 4.1kg

Comes with an F Bass gig bag and can collect if socially distancing / responsibly only (will wipe bass and no contact etc) - I can ship it too but will need patience as I don't have a box right now.

I'm considering putting my Merlos for feelers and if that'd sell I would keep this bass so rush to take it if you fancy it or pray nobody buys my Merlos!

IMG20200513112636.jpg

IMG20200513112645.jpg

IMG20200513112715.jpg

IMG20200513112737.jpg

IMG20200513112746.jpg

IMG20200513112753.jpg

IMG20200513112827.jpg

IMG20200513115404.jpg

IMG20200513115419.jpg

IMG20200513112620.jpg

Edited by Ander87
Not available anymore
  • Like 6

• Ander87 changed the title to £1450 Sei Custom Jazz V as mint
21 hours ago, wright/watt said:

Absolutely stunning bass this!!!😀GLWTS

thank you buddy! It's a gorgeous piece - definitely making me want to keep it, the gloss is something else!

• Ander87 changed the title to £1450 Sei Custom Jazz V top condition

That is one amazing gloss finish - one of the best, if not the best, black finish I’ve seen on a bass or guitar.

I’m not in the market at the moment, but can’t see this being around long, even in the current market.

GLWTS. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wilco said:

That is one amazing gloss finish - one of the best, if not the best, black finish I’ve seen on a bass or guitar.

I’m not in the market at the moment, but can’t see this being around long, even in the current market.

GLWTS. 

Thank you buddy!

It honestly feels super lush - I'm not one for solid colours and tend to prefer wood revealed finishes but gosh... It has a very nice sheen to it!

... I'm still puzzled it's in this good shape 2nd hand...!

• Ander87 changed the title to £1350 Sei Custom Jazz V top condition
2 hours ago, gingerfish said:

Damn. That is beautiful. Sure it will move soon.

It really is....! I gotta admit the part of me that wants to keep it is growing - can't let it go for less than this, and I may, within the next couple weeks, have confirmation to join a new band where it'd be perfect....

.... somebody take it of my cold dead hands!

• Ander87 changed the title to TRADE PENDING £1350 Sei Custom Jazz V top condition
  • MB1 locked this topic