Why become a member? ×

Greetings!

Pete Bish

Hi Everyone,

My name's Pete and I've finally decided to join this magnificent community. 

For a bit of background: I started playing in my teens. For many years it was massive part of my life; writing songs, playing gigs ... such fun times.

For some bizarre reason I kind of stopped playing when I was around 23 (I know, why?). I guess I opted to focus on my career and it just slipped away. 

However, I've recently been getting back into it -- in a big way. 

Last year I bought a new bass and decided to practice and play a few tunes. Something that surprised me is that I've found the learning process much easier this time round. Being as bit older - I'm 34 now - I guess I've been clearer on what I wanted to accomplish, and more disciplined. 

Anyway, the truth is I'm having an absolute blast right now. I've recorded a couple of YouTube covers since Christmas, just for fun. Thought I'd share them with you good people...

Street Fighter II - Guile Theme

A bit sloppy in places. But this was my first go. Really nostalgic song for any 90s gamers out there. 

Jimmy Nail - Ain't No Doubt

I watched Guy Pratt's 'Lockdown Licks' video where he demonstrates this track (which he co-wrote). Something about it just grabbed me; I was compelled to learn it. And then one thing led to another and I decided to record it, too :-)

Be grateful to know what you guys reckon. I'm going to try and do some more. 

Coming back to music, I realise I've got a tonne of stuff to learn; technique, theory, recording, tone ... it's a laundry list. No doubt I'll be on here talking to fellow bass players about such things. I'm really looking forward to it!

All the very best,

Pete

• Like 1