Why become a member? ×

SOLD Rare 1972/1973 Gibson SB-450 - - > case still available
£975
Netherlands

Gibson SB-450 

Cool and rare Gibson from the '70s. Apparently less then 1.000 were made, so there aren't too many of them around. As comparing from the internet (serial numbers and type of tuners), it's likely to be from 1972 or early 1973. I bought it as being a 1972 myself. 

Pictures:

HvkuUbK.jpg

p2zaZDt.jpg

u1YyJZz.jpg

KKzHwmZ.jpg

uEfcnft.jpg

Cc5tghW.jpg

94s9qbH.jpg

fI8a8xV.jpg

czK8kDK.jpg

HujY4CI.jpg

faWDHng.jpg

UxPFUwE.jpg

UlQu1sC.jpg

lOrzUVv.jpg

5XnD5vY.jpg

As you can see from the pictures, the bass has been used. It has a lot of user marks and finish checking all over. The bridge has been replaced (original one in poor condition is still there), as well as the truss rod cover. It should be mentioned that the plastic cover of the bridge pickup has broken at the point where the adjustment screw enters. Someone tried to melt it together again, but its still loose. I've set the hight, and left it this way. 

Further this bass is in good functional condition. The neck is straight and all hardware and electronics function like they should. 

This bass plays and sounds great. It has an open, clear and full punchy sound. Not what is usually expected from a Gibson. It's also a very light instrument; my kitchen scale says it's only 3,35 kilos! 

The original hardcase is included. 

Asking €1.100 (approx £975)

Now €750 with hardcase included or €650 without hardcase. 

The bass is located in the Netherlands. Shipping is possible at buyers risk and expense. 

Trades are welcome: old fender Mustang guitar, am std strat... 2eq stingray with lacquered neck, bunch of effects pedals, Mustang bass case, cool old Japanese basses..... 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I am mainly gassing for a good jazz bass at the moment; anything between a good Japanese copy and original vintage Fender has my attention. 

I've got several basses that may leave to accommodate a purchase (Modulus Flea 5, Stingray 3eq, Gibson SB-450, Rcknbckr 4001). I am also happy to offer a combination of them in a trade if a good vintage Fender (60s or early 70s, not heavy) is being offered. Sunburst and tort would be nice. A refinish wouldn't be a dealbreaker.