Why become a member? ×

Let's all cheer up during Lockdown... Your Funeral Songs!!

Short and sweet. My wife has been tasked with playing the following if I pop it first. 

Bootsys Rubber band  - I'd rather be with you (as everyone files in) 

ELO - It's over (at the end of the short music based service - drinks are waiting!!) 

George Harrison - All things must pass as the curtains close (for maximum tearjerker effect😁

My mum was sent off with House of the Rising Sun.... Her choice..... brilliant😳😀❤️

I've been thinking about this on and off ever since a friend of mine was taken by cancer. He was a deservedly popular chap in the village and the church was rammed. His casket was carried in to 'Stairway to Heaven' and there wasn't a dry eye in the place. 

I'm fairly sure the Grateful Dead's 'Ripple' would have to feature in mine, and a couple of others, but it's hard deciding on which of the many versions to choose! Hopefully I'll narrow the choice down before I go.

I want the full 17 minute version of New Orders 'Elegia' played before the service starts, and everyone has to sit in silence until it's finished. 

Then Joy Divisions 'Atmosphere' as people leave. 

That'll teach you for coming to make sure I'm dead! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Nothing funny or poignant in my choice, just my favourite ever song, Seasons in The Sun by Terry Jacks.

Couldn't pick a favourite, like my mum did (although rather be with you and all things must pass are right up there) ... so I picked songs that I love but do have a lighter side.

Just now, Maude said:

I want the full 17 minute version of New Orders 'Elegia' played before the service starts, and everyone has to sit in silence until it's finished. 

Oh yes....love this. No beers or food at the wake either😀.. Just Unknown Pleasures on repeat. 

4 minutes ago, Maude said:

The Fall, live at the witch trials too.... although if you burn you've already been convicted😳

• Like 1

One of our songs, This Ain’t No Love Song was played at a distant mates service. We played a farewell gig for him 4 weeks before cancer took him. Still saddens me when I think of it.

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 1