Why become a member? ×

Dave’s Gone Skiing - Toto tribute band lockdown cover

Higgie

Hi all!

My Toto tribute band “Totally Toto” decided to do a lockdown video as we’re all missing playing together and doing gigs.

We decided to tackle the instrumental “Dave’s Gone Skiing”

Next on the list is Pamela, that will be released shortly. In the meantime, enjoy this:

Edited by Higgie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, skidder652003 said:

bloomin awesome. How did you record it?

Thanks mate :) Sadowsky straight into my REDDI, and then into the Apogee Duet 2 interface to get it into Logic. All mixed and the video edited by Dan the guitarist!

6 hours ago, Higgie said:

Thanks mate :) Sadowsky straight into my REDDI, and then into the Apogee Duet 2 interface to get it into Logic. All mixed and the video edited by Dan the guitarist!

Fantastic. I assume you all played your parts separately at different times?

Did you play along to the original and just record your bass part and send it over to the guitarist with accompanying video and likewise all the other guys.

I'd love to do something like that, our singer and drummer have the necessary skills and equipment but our guitarist is a luddite and wouldn't have a clue :(

6 hours ago, skidder652003 said:

Fantastic. I assume you all played your parts separately at different times?

Did you play along to the original and just record your bass part and send it over to the guitarist with accompanying video and likewise all the other guys.

I'd love to do something like that, our singer and drummer have the necessary skills and equipment but our guitarist is a luddite and wouldn't have a clue :(

Yep all recorded our parts separately. As far as I remember, the drummer did his take to a click track and we all played to his recorded part. To be honest this was recorded in April/May and we’ve done a fair few more videos since then so it’s all blurring into one! 

Here’s Pamela: 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...