Why become a member? ×

OMG!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARIA-SB1000-BASS-NAKED-PROJECT-WITH-PHALLIC-BRASS-APPENDAGE-AND-FUNNY-STORY/124182849405?hash=item1ce9dfe77d:g:0GQAAOSwlNpeuHIH

I am really not sure what else there is to say about this one.

I would think our favourite eBay seller from Germany of overpriced tat is going to be so disappointed he didn't manage to land this little beauty!

Edited by Roger2611
spelling as usual!

I think this seller's auctions have come up before. He's an odd case - some gear is actually not badly priced, other stuff is really overpriced.

I just don't get where he sees £800 in this. You could imagine someone picking it up as a project, and doing something interesting with it - there's some guys on Basschat who do some amazing woodwork, so this could end up being nice in the hands of the right person. But it would have to be at a price that would make it worth the effort. The only redeemable quality this has is that it provides the basic foundation for a neck-thru instrument, so provided the neck isn't a mess, it could end up being interesting. But who ever does that needs to source EVERYTHING - pickups, hardware, whatever else, and then needs to spend a lot of time figuring out how to make this a decent bass again that doesn't have a prosthetic **** sticking out the top.

Also noticed that whoever did this hatchet job also had a go at the headstock, so that classic Aria Pro II shape is gone as well.

59 minutes ago, bassaussie said:

I just don't get where he sees £800 in this.

As soon as you mention  A BASS PLAYER FROM THE FACES you can add a zero to the price. Shame he doesn't mention which of the many bass players in The Faces it was ... there are so many to choose from.  9_9

13 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

As soon as you mention  A BASS PLAYER FROM THE FACES you can add a zero to the price. Shame he doesn't mention which of the many bass players in The Faces it was ... there are so many to choose from.  9_9

Good point.

So the thinking here is along the lines of un-earthing Hendrix's burnt Strat, or the guitar Peter Townshend smashed up US national TV.

Makes sense now! :D :D

On 11/05/2020 at 12:07, Happy Jack said:

As soon as you mention  A BASS PLAYER FROM THE FACES you can add a zero to the price. 

I was thinking that, but then again shouldnt it read " the bass player from the faces didnt want it back!"

• Like 1

Unbelievable.   The price is not far off a good condition unmolested original SB1000.   As  @TheGreek  said,  by the time the parts are sourced,    for instance, Aaron Armstrong will charge about £110 delivered for an SB pickup built to spec,  so just the pickup will take the price to over £900, and then its still got that monstrosity sticking out of the body.  Other bits and work will take the price to over a grand, and  then what you have is a repaired ogre of a bass thats  near on the same price as a normal SB1000

Where do these dreamers come from

25 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

That's the one you want - it has " no chatter or sound clogging"

One thing that always grinds my gears is sound clogging

Also no sound comes out according to the seller so the sound is indeed clogged or something

Edited by Delberthot
  • Haha 2

I think something got lost in translation

WHEN A BASS PLAYER FROM THE FACES BOUGHT THIS BASS TO HIM AND REQUESTED MODIFICATIONS SUCH AS ADDING A LONG BRASS TUBE WITH A STRAP PIN ON THE END

should have read

WHEN A BASS PLAYER WHO WAS OFF HIS FACE BOUGHT THIS BASS TO HIM AND REQUESTED MODIFICATIONS SUCH AS ADDING A LONG BRASS TUBE WITH A STRAP PIN ON THE END

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard
  • Haha 1

On 11/05/2020 at 13:07, Happy Jack said:

As soon as you mention  A BASS PLAYER FROM THE FAECES you can add a zero to the price. Shame he doesn't mention which of the many bass players in The Faeces it was ... there are so many to choose from.  9_9

There. Fixed.