TimCook

Jerzy Drozd Soul IV ‘Matisse’ - REDUCED
£3200
Hampton Wick, SW London

Posted (edited)

REDUCED to £2800

REDUCED to £2400

Here’s something a bit special...

It was originally listed for $6,600 on the Bass Club Chicago website and I purchased it second hand in 2016.

There are a few sites to check out for further photos and specs; Jerzy Drozd’s website, NoTreble bass of the week (I’m a proud owner) and the original listing on Bass Club Chicago.

Jerzy Drozd website:  https://www.jerzydrozdbasses.com/jerzy-drozd-soul-iv-matisse-blue

Bass of the Week August 2016:  https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2016/08/01/bass-of-the-week-jerzy-drozd-soul-iv-matisse/

Original Listing:  https://www.bassclubchicago.com/product_p/jdsoul4matisse.htm

Here’s the spec list:

* High Gloss Matisse Blue Finish with accentuated wood grain with White Pearl finish over body and headstock
* Satin Matisse Blue finish over fretboard and neck
* 34" scale, 38mm nut width
* 24 frets
* Birdseye Maple fretboard
* JeD4XS single coil split noiseless pickups
* Aguilar OBP3 Preamp
* Passive Tone
* Active/Passive Switch
* Midrange Frequency Switch 400/800 Hz
* Mother of Pearl Headstock Logo
* Padouk pickup covers and knobs
* Hipshot Ultralite Tuners
* 7.7 lbs (3.5 kg)

For full disclosure, there is a bump on the headstock edge (pictured) and a tiny indent on the neck heel.

Please do visit the linked websites, the photo’s are so much better than what I can achieve using my phone. It’ll come with a Jerzy Drozd branded soft/hardcase and all Allen keys for adjustments.

Any questions at all, pop me a message.

52493BAF-2DE4-4CAC-BF9C-01A5689BBAA3.jpeg

0CD207C5-E134-4FA7-9513-7AA55826D7C7.jpeg

7DD25B2A-DF2A-476A-A69D-AFAE7DBD3465.jpeg

76E10D0A-8168-43D5-BAAB-434B5ABF44F9.jpeg

BC549129-4151-4352-9983-C7134A7C6391.jpeg

E8B0DCE0-4F4F-4394-80F0-E41220D5A72B.jpeg

727650DE-2883-4E5B-A127-23B22780A1C3.jpeg

65B5F47C-FDC3-417E-92CE-0D36CF147F01.jpeg

6EF30144-C4CA-4225-98D8-3DE4DF04E7D0.jpeg

Edited by TimCook
New photos
  • Like 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TorVic
      (Located in The Hague, NL. My feedback history: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/280308-feedback-for-torvic/page/3/#comments)
      Sale price: 2250 eur / 2000 GBP
      Bass is in very good condition. Will ship in generic hard case. Shipping costs to be split (UPS Standard with insurance costs around 90 euros / 45 GBP).  
      Jerzy Drozd website: https://www.jerzydrozdbasses.com/obsession-excellency
      Spec:
      * Mahogany body with Zebrawood top
      * 3-piece maple neck bolt-on
      * 34" scale, 42mm nut width
      * 24 frets
      * Rosewood fretboard
      * JeD4XS single coil split noiseless pickups
      * Piezo pickups on the bridge
      * Aguilar OBP3 Preamp with on/off switch
      * vol-pan (mag pickups)-pan (mag-piezo belend)- bass-mid-treble (all except vol knob with centre detente)
      * Hipshot Ultralite Tuners
      * Unity Inlay https://www.jerzydrozdbasses.com/bass-guitar-inlays

• By foxtrott
      The bass is in good condition, technically tiptop, with usual optical used tracks (on the back of the body) and on the top plate smaller things, which I captured in the photos as best as possible.
      Pricedrop 2999 € or Trade Options: Fender Precision or Fretless Bass
      The tone and response is extremely direct and resonant. The playability very comfortable.
      Here are some soundfiles, recorded at home.
      Fingerstyle

Slap

Specs: 2006 Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency 6 Strings 35" Scale 24 Frets Etimoe Body Zebrawood Top 3 Piece Maple Neck 7 Screws Bolt-on Maple Neck Ebony Fretboard Matching Headstock Two pieces Jerzy Drozd Bridge Two Jerzy Drozd Single Coils Pickup Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp 18mm strings spacing, possible to up to 19mm or down to 16.5mm. 9mm at nut Ebony Nut Asymetrical D Neck Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Medium 400hz or 800hz/Treble Trussrod : One double-acting fully working Weight : 4.4kg Machine heads : Gotoh Controls Knobs : Wood, maple and Zebrawood.  

• By bassmitlinks
      Hi folks,
      i want to sell my Status S2 classic headless bass. It is a real player with an awsome tone. This nice instrument was built in 2002. Of course ist is used and got a few dings and dongs over the years, but nothing serious. There is a chip on the neck which can bother a bit.
      Following the specs:
      S2-Classic
      Headless 4-string, woven graphite through-neck.
      Fretted 34" scale. 19mm string spacing.
      3-piece body with figured Cocobolo facing,
      walnut tone-block and mahogany wings.
      Natural gloss lacquer.
      Status soap-bar pickups.
      3-band EQ with variable frequency midrange.
      Master volume, pickup blend control.
      Mono-rail bridge units.
      Gold hardware.
      I wish you all the best and take care.

• By Cleanhead
      New price: 3.600,- EUR
      Selling this incredible Jerzy Drozd Mastery VI
      Absolutley no chips or dents, like brand new. Cause it is like brand new.
      Cause this bass was totaly refurbished between Dec. 2018 till Mai 2019 by master luthier Jerzy Drozd himself.
      New truss rod, new fretboard and of course frets, new brass nut, new lacquer with highlighting the pattern of the wood with rich pigments, new pickup.
      The entire costs were: 2.798,- EUR (bills available)
      Some specs at least:
      originaly from 27.09.2005 completly refurbished between Dez. 2018 - Mai 2019 Etimoe (a kind of mahogany) body wings laminated maple neck through body design (2 carbon extra reinforcement bars) birdseye burl maple top with matching head stock extended 32 frets maple board brass nut special custom body design Aguilar obp3, 18 volts preamp Custom Jerzy Drozd JEDX humbucker with maple wood cover Recessed wood knobs weight: 4,3kg on the bathroom scale Original Jerzy Drozd case New price: 3.600,- EUR
      sorry for my bad english

• By sselterf
      Having a family shifts priorities for spending time and money. That said, some of my basses have to go; by taking your pick, you'll tell me which to keep.
      On the block (from the left):
      Acacia Custom w/Lane Poor pickups, £ 1200, details added please scroll south Clover Slapper, £ 900 gone Hanewinckel Custom, £ 900, details below Jerzy Drozd Excellency IV, £ 2000, scroll for details Tobias Classic pre-Gibson, £ 2000 sold Overwater Progress III Deluxe fretless, £ 1200 gone Cliff Bordwell D-Bass, £ 1200 sold Any particular interest, please let me know.
      All instruments are in great condition - well, the odd miniscule ding, superficial scratches - and necks are slim and adjustable for very low action, which I'm partial to. All the basses have been with me for a minimum of 10 years and have lovingly been looked after (and, though not as often as they deserve, even played). Time for new strings on some.
      Price includes basic GLS shipping to your doorstep, provided the address is within the European Union. Anywhere else, lets talk. Pick-up possible in Berlin. For those that count their coins in €, please assume 115% of the  £ price. Since I know how risky it is to buy a bass unseen, unheard, unfelt, I'll accept returns within 3 days of delivery. Full refund minus shipping costs, given undamaged/untampered condition. Easy to offer, they're keepers.
      For the bros/sis over the pond, yes, I'll ship to the US, which is not really all that expensive. After all, this is where some of my gear came from, duly imported. And in case of issues I could provide a US return shipping address, courtesy of family over there.
      Not looking for trades please, as it wouldn't quite answer the purpose.
      Any questions, please PM.
      Cheers,
      Claas
      My feedback: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/165134-feedback-for-sselterf-aka-claas/