Why become a member? ×

Hello there

phnod

Hello there,

After reading the columns in Bass Player magazine, I thought why not creating an account overthere? Basschat seems to be a fun community!

About myself, I have been playing bass for almost a dacede but at a really slow pace. It only have been couple years I took it more seriously and since then I'm taking classes with a bass teacher.

I'm expecting to learn new stuff as well here and find some cool stuff to listen to or play.

Gear side, I have three basses:

• an Harley Benton bought on Thomann 10 years ago to start playing bass
  • a '92 MIJ JB reissue '62 that is my main bass since I got it
  • a fretless Kala UBass that I use when I travel and want to keep practicing

I play mainly soul/motown stuff so I think I don't need to list my favourite bassists over here.

Talk to you soon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

France, eh..? It's a big place; in which corner of the Hexagon are you..? 

The famous one, Paris! I hope I won't stick too long there, but it is cool to live there for amount of concerts available

1 hour ago, phnod said:

The famous one, Paris! I hope I won't stick too long there, but it is cool to live there for amount of concerts available

'... amount of concerts that used to be available', no..? I don't think that there'll be much concert activity for a while yet, unfortunately.

Our Daughter is a nurse in Paris; she sings in a choir, and their concerts have been suspended until next year, and no rehearsals in view. All this will pass, of course, and quickly, we hope. I'm retired now, living in a rather remote spot of Lower Normandy, so am not badly affected, but it's a strain on all sectors of society, not least musicians and technicians. Strange Days. :|

Thank you for the kind messages! Obviously, no more concert right now, but I'm always on the positive spirit side ;)

Before the strange days started I saw several concerts with great bassists. I hope I will see more at the end of all those things!