Why become a member? ×

Size

Sk1

Ok so I just bought new head. Got the mesa boogie w800 hybrid. About to get matching cab. Opinions: eventually want both but should I start with the 4×10 1200 watt or the 2×15 800 watt. Play a lot of reggae  but also play some rock and ska??? Thx

The Specs look reasonable on them both, and they are both about 25kg - which is t bad for weight - there are lighter and heavier ones out there.

If those are your 2 choices we eliminate other brands etc. It depends on storage and movement. For one part  The 15’s shade it for me because of the rails allowing it to be wheeled.

Sound wise are any of the speakers voiced differently, or are the coils voiced the same so it becomes a 15’s vs 10’s debate?

The easiest thing to say is what sounds best to your ears and with your other musicians you play with?!!

1 minute ago, Cuzzie said:

Agreed - It looks pretty cool as well - that would be my front runner, but I prefer a taller speaker visually 

Yep, and due to height probably easier to hear properly as well.

• Like 1