Why become a member? ×

Markbass S.T.U. - Stu Hamm hybrid amp

CameronJ

Trawling the interwebs aimlessly, I came across this on the Markbass website:

http://markbass.it/product-detail/mb-stu-amp-1000/

I like the idea of the graphic EQ but there is a gaping frequency chasm between the 400hz and 1.2k sliders...still, I like the idea of blending between the solid state and tube preamps. The cab is rather pretty too!

• Like 1

Here we go - usual hammering of the product before trying.........

Channels should be footswitchable SS/Tube/mix

3 DI’s out SS/Tube/Mix would be cool. Mix provides the overall signal which would be controlled anyway by what you Footswitch,  having the separate channel mixes to send front of house to mix as well.

Then it would be killer

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

And the bass. Looks like a Streamer, but what's with the rout under the tailpiece?

Looks like the kind of route you’d see for a headless tuning system, but Warwick seem to have just sunken the normal bridge to allow for lower action? 

On 08/05/2020 at 16:24, Lfalex v1.1 said:

I'm sure the amp/cab are fine, but I found his technique and musical chops more interesting!

And the bass. Looks like a Streamer, but what's with the rout under the tailpiece?

It's a Warwick Streamer Stu Hamm Custom Shop. One was for sale on here recently.  

The amps interesting, nice and simple, I don't get the cab though. Isn't that the opposite of what Mark Bass do? Compact and light weight. It's a big bulky thing.