Why become a member? Γ—

All the casual punter really needs

3 minutes ago, P-Belly Evans said:

Yep that's it... like a stain in my pantsπŸ˜•

Word around the campfire -- it was Calhoon the drummer who most wanted Doug Wimbish in the band. They were big mates already, allegedly... πŸ˜—

Muzz Skillings was (is) fantastic... πŸ˜₯

Edited by Ricky 4000

3 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Stain.

I think that's got 'Love Rears' Live on it, with Muzz on bass - which is great. πŸ‘

Β 

I'll have to dig it out of the loft..... coz I can't remember that. All I can remember is a really dark, depressing, sad experience which confused and upset me in equal measure

2 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Stain.

Β 

Yep that's it... like a stain in my pantsπŸ˜•

4 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Word around the campfire -- it was Calhoon the drummer who most wanted Doug Wimbish in the band. They were big mates already, allegedly... πŸ˜—

Muzz Skillings was (is) fantastic... πŸ˜₯

Muzz and Vernon inspired me loads.Β  Remember being constantly blown away...Β 

9 minutes ago, P-Belly Evans said:

Muzz and Vernon inspired me loads.Β  Remember being constantly blown away...Β 

Going off topic here - but - Family Stand!? I loved their big songs at least.

Β 

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Β 

F me you tube is not your friend "what is the purpose of suffering, what is the purpose of joy".... with some kind of Wimbish honk in the background..... no wonder I was dismayed at parting my cash..... On the other hand the family stand.... Ghetto Heaven is still cool.Β 

• Like 1

Β 

Anyone off their nut on this lovely bank holiday?? Look no further than the Ozriks Pungent Effulgent πŸ‘

11 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Β 

F me you tube is not your friend "what is the purpose of suffering, what is the purpose of joy".... with some kind of Wimbish honk in the background..... no wonder I was dismayed at parting my cash..... On the other hand the family stand.... Ghetto Heaven is still cool.Β 

Just now, P-Belly Evans said:

Β 

Anyone off their nut on this lovely bank holiday?? Look no further than the Ozriks Pungent Effulgent πŸ‘

That was not meant to happen..... Imagine the Ozriks music with Stains lyrics, 😳

Kiss - Alive II. Double album (3/4 of it live), the gatefold sleeve, the live pics, the band at their peak in 1977. Prime time Kiss in a nutshell. Try Double Platinum for a double studio compilation from same era.

Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic or Rocks from band’sΒ 1970s stint, or Pump fromΒ their 1980s/90s phase.

Iron Maiden - Live After Death (album or DVD). All you need.

Β 

Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live

Wishbone Ash - Argus & New England

Dire Straits - The first 2 albums

Eric Johnson - Ah Via Musicom (plus Venus Isle at a pinch)

Steely Dan - The Royal Scam & Aja

Rush - R30 (before Geddy’s voice really went south,Β or any best of)

The Police - Regatta & Zenyatta

Robben Ford - Robben Ford &Β The Blue Line

Deep Purple - Made in Japan & Made in EuropeΒ 

Steven Wilson - Home Invasion (live @ the RAH)

Marillion - 6 of One, Half Dozen of the Other

Runrig - Long Distance (best of)

The Who - Who’s Next (although I prefer Quadrophenia)

Bad Co - Bad Co

Led Zeppelin - The Mothership (for me Physical Graffiti and Houses of the HolyΒ would do it)

Pink Floyd - Pulse

YMMV

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

You could condense this thread down to just saying go an buy the greatest hits/best of album or the first live album any band puts out.

Yup, in a nutshell most bands should've probably stuck to making singles and putting out hits compilationsΒ and live albums. For my money The Who, Rolling Stones, Queen, Kinks , Eagles,Β Blondie, QuoΒ and many more besides made better singles than studio albums.

Β 

43 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Yup, in a nutshell most bands should've probably stuck to making singles and putting out hits compilationsΒ and live albums. For my money The Who, Rolling Stones, Queen, Kinks , Eagles,Β Blondie, QuoΒ and many more besides made better singles than studio albums.

Β 

Back in the 60s and especially the first half of the 70s, bands were generally either singles bands (TOTP stuff) or album bands ('serious' music, pretentious prog, depends on how you feel) and most people I knew were interested in one or the other - very rarely both.

5 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Back in the 60s and especially the first half of the 70s, bands were generally either singles bands (TOTP stuff) or album bands ('serious' music, pretentious prog, depends on how you feel) and most people I knew were interested in one or the other - very rarely both.

The 80's and some of the 90's too mate.