Why become a member? ×

All the casual punter really needs

22 minutes ago, P-Belly Evans said:

I challenge you all to point out where I am wrong😎. Maybe ELO for the proper prog fans and Sabbath for the meow meow rock fans (technical ecstasy anyone? ) ..... the rest are bang on correctamundo. I could force my obviously correct opinion on you with more choices but I can't be bothered anymore and have thrown out all my toys😘...... Oh and by the way 

😂😂😂🍷😍

PS kudos for the first person to reply with the  connection between an early ELO album cover and Sabbath..... 

Dunno, but did they not share drummer?

4 minutes ago, P-Belly Evans said:

Nope...... Big clue.. Toto. 

Looks like they did!

Speaking of Black Sabbath, I’ve always been fascinated by the Born Again tour of 1983, where you played drums. It’s always been described as this psychotically dysfunctional thing where everything just went wrong. Has it all been exaggerated?

I’m pretty sure it inspired the Spinal Tap thing with Stonehenge. We rehearsed with this Stonehenge and they got all the dimensions wrong. It was the opposite [of Spinal Tap] where instead of being tiny, it was so big it wouldn’t fit on the stage. The first gig we did was, I think, Toronto. It was this massive arena, but we couldn’t fit it in. We had to dump half of it. But I had a lovely time on the tour, and Ian Gillan had a good time. It was the only Black Sabbath either of us ever did, but we still had a ball. We loved it.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/elos-bev-bevan-talks-rock-hall-induction-jeff-lynne-rift-121884/

13 hours ago, P-Belly Evans said:

😳

The Cure - Standing by the sea. 

I challenge you all to point out where I am wrong😎

OK, I wasn't going to say anything but you threw down the gauntlet, there's no such album. 🙂

That'll either be 'Standing On A Beach' or 'Staring At The Sea', depending on what medium you bought it on. The cassette was the best as it had the singles on side A and all the B sides on, well you get the idea.

The other part of your post that could possibly be pointed out to be wrong is that as that compilation was released before they released their most popular album, Disintegration, it could be argued that doesn't contain their biggest hits. 

Well you did offer the challenge. 🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, P-Belly Evans said:

Stevie Wonder - For once in my life/Inner Visions

36 minutes ago, P-Belly Evans said:

I challenge you all to point out where I am wrong😎.

Picture Book... how can you think about Stevie Wonder and not think about Superstition?

Songs in the Key of Life... how can you think about Stevie Wonder and not think about I Wish and Sir Duke?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Shambo said:

Picture Book... how can you think about Stevie Wonder and not think about Superstition?

Songs in the Key of Life... how can you think about Stevie Wonder and not think about I Wish and Sir Duke?

Agreed about Key of Life. I bought that for my wife for a valentines present 3 months after we met........ 20 years later.... I still stand by my choices though. 😊

6 minutes ago, Maude said:

OK, I wasn't going to say anything but you threw down the gauntlet, there's no such album. 🙂

That'll either be 'Standing On A Beach' or 'Staring At The Sea', depending on what medium you bought it on. The cassette was the best as it had the singles on side A and all the B sides on, well you get the idea.

The other part of your post that could possibly be pointed out to be wrong is that as that compilation was released before they released their most popular album, Disintegration, it could be argued that doesn't contain their biggest hits. 

Well you did offer the challenge. 🙂

Ha ha staring at the sea... Sorry you are correct.. I love disintegration too but some of the early stuff is unbeatable

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, P-Belly Evans said:

Agreed about Key of Life. I bought that for my wife for a valentines present 3 months after we met........ 20 years later.... I still stand by my choices though. 😊

Ha ha staring at the sea... Sorry you are correct.. I love disintegration too but some of the early stuff is unbeatable

I even love trawling through kiss me kiss me kiss me for the good stuff😃

Rum and ginger... I've run out of limes though... I didn't want to risk it

I'll agree with you about Rejuvenation though. The first Meters album is brilliant but they evolved over time and Rejuvination might just be their zenith, (although I do love Cabbage Alley too).

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Shambo said:

I'll agree with you about Rejuvenation though. The first Meters album is brilliant but they evolved over time and Rejuvination might just be their zenith, (although I do love Cabbage Alley too).

Cheers.

Cabbage alley kills it too👍

15 minutes ago, P-Belly Evans said:

I even love trawling through kiss me kiss me kiss me for the good stuff😃

Just Like Heaven is one of my favourite Cure songs and the opening track, The Kiss, has to have the most aggressive wah pedal usage ever. 

I may as well admit that I might possible be a bit of a Cure fanboi. 😁

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maude said:

Just Like Heaven is one of my favourite Cure songs and the opening track, The Kiss, has to have the most aggressive wah pedal usage ever. 

I may as well admit that I might possible be a bit of a Cure fanboi. 😁

Me too.. just no good at their compilation albums😀 I am an 80s child. I went to college with friends that wore hats with flour on, with faces whiter than their blonde hair.....etc etc. Still don't see the Cure as proper Goths though..... This is proper goth..... what a tune, what rock star🎸

9 minutes ago, Maude said:

Ha ha I was listening to First And Last And Always yesterday. Speaking of such, A Slight Case Of Overbombing could be added to this list. 

Quality album. I had fist and last and always on vinyl... lent it out... never seen again like many of my records. I am now a definite neither a lender or a borrower be. My nan was right after all.... 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Shambo said:

Cheers.

Have you heard the Meters onLee Dorseys stuff... marraige made in heaven😇

1 minute ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Living Colour - The 'Biscuits' EP is all the casual punter needs. Early stuff is spoiled by Ed Stadium's stadium production / later stuff has Wimbish all over it *spit*.

On this like a rash...... Oh yes. I love Times up the most to be honest. Love rears up its ugly head blew my mind at the time. I remember buying the first album to feature Wimbish on it on tape😀. Couldn't get my head around it... terrible let down. Don't know the name of it but the cover was red....