Why become a member? ×

Squier Mini P

Nothingman

After being messed around by DV247 and having an upset 8 year old daughter, it is back to the drawing board to find her a bass. 

I had not seen these yet nor could I find too much information on the interweb about them, but has anybody tried one? 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/precision-bass/squier-mini-p-bass-in-black

Oddly, there doesn't appear to be anything on this forum (unless I am looking wrong). 

It is a bit more than I was looking to pay, hence the DV247 Route, but the 28.5" scale is really appealing as my bairn is just a wee un. 

She is already kicking backside at drums and is keen to get the rhythm section under her command. 

If anybody has an opinion on these, do let me know. 

Cheers. 

I bought a £149 Squier guitar from Andertons, it's really good, made in Indonesia (ie Cort) so I'd imagine these basses will be well playable and will retain value long after she's moved on to Sadowsky

No clue on these but I’ve found that a Dano Longhorn is pretty on the money in terms of body dimensions and weight for my just turned 8 year old lad. New they’re a tad overpriced imo, but I hunted about and found an eBay bargain for £160. Weighs nowt and s/s so it’s ideal. 

1 hour ago, Aidan63 said:

I bought a £149 Squier guitar from Andertons, it's really good, made in Indonesia (ie Cort) so I'd imagine these basses will be well playable and will retain value long after she's moved on to Sadowsky

Sadowsky?! *breathes heavily into paper bag and kisses good bye to the record collection*

43 minutes ago, mr4stringz said:

No clue on these but I’ve found that a Dano Longhorn is pretty on the money in terms of body dimensions and weight for my just turned 8 year old lad. New they’re a tad overpriced imo, but I hunted about and found an eBay bargain for £160. Weighs nowt and s/s so it’s ideal. 

I did clock them. She told me* "I wont play a bass that looks like a space hopper. I want a classic P bass, or summin', you know like a JC sig  that looks cool. Coz my dad is cool and he plays something like that."

*there is no truth in this. Obviously. 

• Haha 4