thebassist

GR Bass miniONE

Does anyone here have first hand experience of a GR Bass miniONE? I've done a Google search and there isn't a huge amount of information around. I'd really love to hear some thoughts on it - it reads pretty great.

https://www.grbass.com/amps/mini-one/

POWER 350W RMS 4 ohm, 170W RMS 8 ohm

DIMENSIONS 19 x 16 x 4.3cm

WEIGHT 1.3kg

FRONT PANEL

• Input
  • Aux In
  • Low
  • Mid
  • High
  • Gain
  • Headphone
  • Master
  • Pre/Post
  • Deep
  • mid Freq 400/800hz
  • Bright
  • Mute

REAR PANEL

• Input 230-115v (auto selectable)
  • DI Output
  • Speakon

mini-One-views.jpg

Posted (edited)

There are more options on the GR Bass miniONE compared with the Trace Elliott Elf. I would probably say the miniONE is closer in comparison with an Aguilar TH350 from a specification perspective?

https://www.aguilaramp.com/bass-amps/tone-hammer-350/

POWER 350W RMS 4 ohm, 175W RMS 8 ohm

DIMENSIONS 20.9 x 19.1 x 7cm

WEIGHT 1.4kg

FRONT PANEL

• Input
  • -10dB input pad
  • Gain
  • Drive
  • Mid level
  • Mid freq.
  • Bass
  • Treble
  • Master
  • Pre/Post
  • Lift/Gnd
  • Operate/Mute

REAR PANEL

• Balanced out
  • Tuner out
  • 1x Speaker Twist speaker output

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 18.36.43.png

Edited by thebassist

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, thebassist said:

There are more options on the GR Bass miniONE compared with the Trace Elliott Elf. I would probably say the miniONE is closer in comparison with an Aguilar TH350 from a specification perspective?

https://www.aguilaramp.com/bass-amps/tone-hammer-350/

POWER 350W RMS 4 ohm, 175W RMS 8 ohm

DIMENSIONS 20.9 x 19.1 x 7cm

WEIGHT 1.4kg

FRONT PANEL

• Input
  • -10dB input pad
  • Gain
  • Drive
  • Mid level
  • Mid freq.
  • Bass
  • Treble
  • Master
  • Pre/Post
  • Lift/Gnd
  • Operate/Mute

REAR PANEL

• Balanced out
  • Tuner out
  • 1x Speaker Twist speaker output

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 18.36.43.png

The Galien Kruger mini amp (name escapes me) is a similar comparison.

for that price though arguably better name brands on the market, but sometimes that does not mean better. Still think it's more like the Elf 

Edited by Rollin Thunder

Best thing is To try one out at one of the uk dealers. If it sounds good to you and has featured you want, thats all that matters. 

14 hours ago, BassBunny said:

Looks remarkably like a Peavey MiniMax.

We all know the Peavey will be 10 times more powerful too.

Eude

2 hours ago, eude said:

We all know the Peavey will be 10 times more powerful too.

Eude

It's certainly incredibly loud. I couldn't believe it the first time I tried mine.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I found this for anyone else who might be interested in the miniONE.

http://www.karlclews.com/blog/gear-part-10-gr-bass-mini-one

In summary "...the Mini One performed admirably on the gigs. As a class D head, it’s fine to run it without a cab, so as planned, I simply plugged it directly into the PA. Since then, I’ve used it on a number of local gigs, driving my Epifani UL 410, and the 350 watts it puts out are plenty for most gigs - anything where you need more than 350 watts, you would tend to be putting the bass through the PA in any case. The sound of the Mini One is beautifully transparent - it doesn’t appear to colour the inherent tone of my basses at all, which is exactly how I like my amps to work! In comparison with the Genz Benz Shuttles, the bottom end of the Mini One feels more focused, and the mids are very punchy, so slap and more percussive fingerstyle cut through the mix very well. And the top end is nice and airy, and you really have to dial it way up before it starts to get harsh and brittle. All in all, it’s a fantastic little amp, and the tight, focused bottom end and distinctively punchy mids make it sound much, much bigger than its tiny size and 350 watts..."

Edited by thebassist

1 hour ago, thebassist said:

I found this for anyone else who might be interested in the miniONE.

http://www.karlclews.com/blog/gear-part-10-gr-bass-mini-one

In summary "...the Mini One performed admirably on the gigs. As a class D head, it’s fine to run it without a cab, so as planned, I simply plugged it directly into the PA. Since then, I’ve used it on a number of local gigs, driving my Epifani UL 410, and the 350 watts it puts out are plenty for most gigs - anything where you need more than 350 watts, you would tend to be putting the bass through the PA in any case. The sound of the Mini One is beautifully transparent - it doesn’t appear to colour the inherent tone of my basses at all, which is exactly how I like my amps to work! In comparison with the Genz Benz Shuttles, the bottom end of the Mini One feels more focused, and the mids are very punchy, so slap and more percussive fingerstyle cut through the mix very well. And the top end is nice and airy, and you really have to dial it way up before it starts to get harsh and brittle. All in all, it’s a fantastic little amp, and the tight, focused bottom end and distinctively punchy mids make it sound much, much bigger than its tiny size and 350 watts..."

Its looks like a boutique amp from a small independent amp maker, rather than a cheap far east knock off, some well  renowned Companies start off this way, take a punt and give it a review on here.

On 08/05/2020 at 14:03, thebassist said:

"The sound of the Mini One is beautifully transparent - it doesn’t appear to colour the inherent tone of my basses at all, which is exactly how I like my amps to work! In comparison with the Genz Benz Shuttles, the bottom end of the Mini One feels more focused, and the mids are very punchy, so slap and more percussive fingerstyle cut through the mix very well. And the top end is nice and airy, and you really have to dial it way up before it starts to get harsh and brittle"

That's interesting... I also have a Shuttle 9.2, and with the controls at 12:00 it's completely transparent/neutral/flat.