Why become a member? ×

Vantage Dual P

baa

My pride and joy:

Six Vantage VP710B'S that i collected over the years. It all started in the early 80's with buying my first, which got stolen in 91. Then i had to buy a new, but ut was in bad shape and wrong color. So i kept buying better and better basses as i found them. 

Now i have enough to last the rest of my life! 😀

IMG_20191213_200526_139.jpg

20191014_225444.jpg

• Like 3

I think PP is a great p/up combo and I don’t understand why we don’t see more basses with them. I had an extra P p/up added to my old Roadworn 50s P, it sounded great but went the way of all things when I went on an all 5 string jaunt ☹️.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I think PP is a great p/up combo and I don’t understand why we don’t see more basses with them. I had an extra P p/up added to my old Roadworn 50s P, it sounded great but went the way of all things when I went on an all 5 string jaunt ☹️.

I remember that bass and thinking 'phwooar' back then!

Any pics of it @ezbass ?

28 minutes ago, atsampson said:

Lovely! So if the first one you bought was the wrong colour... which one is the right colour?

The one with black pick-ups and bridge on the right hand side was the first i bought of these six. It is red-ish, like the top left, under the vinyl i put on it. The ones above and under are the "right" color: natural wood with white/beige plastic.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

That's a gorgeous collection!

I had a few vantages (VS600B, VS696B, VP795B), loved them all to a certain extent, but in the end only the VP710B stayed.

I'm having some issues with it however, the bridge pickup is suddenly very quiet (hadn't played it for ages).

Would you by any chance have a wiring diagram you're willing to share? :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Archy said:

That's a gorgeous collection!

I had a few vantages (VS600B, VS696B, VP795B), loved them all to a certain extent, but in the end only the VP710B stayed.

I'm having some issues with it however, the bridge pickup is suddenly very quiet (hadn't played it for ages).

Would you by any chance have a wiring diagram you're willing to share? :) 

Sorry, but i have never seen a diagram of a Vantage. 
I imagine that it is very similar to the wiring of a les paul, since they have the same pickups/controls/switch setup.

On 20/12/2021 at 13:59, baa said:

Sorry, but i have never seen a diagram of a Vantage. 
I imagine that it is very similar to the wiring of a les paul, since they have the same pickups/controls/switch setup.

No problem, thanks for answering!

In the meantime I was able to locate the issue, a break in the wire at the side of the switch, so should hopefully be an easy fix :) 

• Like 1