Why become a member? ×

Lockdown GAS

28 minutes ago, Trueno said:

I've been recording some bass lines for the band. Experimenting with the EQ curve on Garageband has given me a new appreciation of EQ... mostly cutting rather than boosting... now I've been adjusting all the settings on my amps. Maybe compression next...

It’s such a great learning experience from that perspective, when mastering, cutting the 200k range just cleaning the track up (something I saw on a YT tutorial that I must find again) was an eye opener. A friend of mine runs a FOH company, does his own home recordings and is a pretty awesome songwriter and guitarist, and I sent my track to him to critique. It was he who suggested some particular compression settings for the bass (I’d already added some to all the tracks anyway) and it just popped. We discussed the result and the way he explained it all suddenly made sense, ergo GAS! 😂

• Like 1

I tend to get GAS at first sight so I go back a good number of times to the guilty web page /store and try hard to find fault with the gear to convince myself not to buy. I've been having GAS for the pre-loved, mint condition MTD Kingston Heir currently at Bass Direct. The  unusual hardware set up particularly appeals though I've managed to talk myself out of it just because the neck is in natural while while the body is in a cherry finish. I tend to only go for natural finishes. So, I'll save up for a Ray34 or make the long trip to Guildford for a Sire Marcus Miller M7, have a play and then find some piddling  reason not to buy it.