Why become a member? ×

Sultans of Swing bass ID

Vanheusen77

I have noticed isolated tracks seem to sound  snappy and bright but fat and punchy in mix. I wouldn't have guessed a 59 P  by isolated track but in mix with song  it sounds like  a Vintage P.

I find live that having my stage sound more middy and bright[ not preferred tone] sounds the way I want in mix out by audience.

5 hours ago, Nebadon2000 said:

I have noticed isolated tracks seem to sound  snappy and bright but fat and punchy in mix. I wouldn't have guessed a 59 P  by isolated track but in mix with song  it sounds like  a Vintage P.

I find live that having my stage sound more middy and bright[ not preferred tone] sounds the way I want in mix out by audience.

I found that little gem out a few years back by accident on a soundcheck. Got what I thought was a great sound on stage, just enough highs to not be mushy, big powerful sound. Went out front to check levels and all it was was sludge-city. So upped hi mids and treble to where they started to irritate me, went back out front and the sound was fat & punchy.

5 minutes ago, grenadillabama said:

Thanks ! I just taped it with my 30 year-old Nakamichi BX-100 cassette deck. This beats the single and is a lot more distinct. Is this a pick or not a pick ?

Sounds like it, or a lot of treble/mids on the amp. Great sound however he got it tho, the classic Precision/Ampeg sound (even if now people tell me he used a Status and a Trace Elliot in that gig).