Why become a member? ×

How to Remove saddles from piezo bridge

Depends whether the piezo element is bonded into the saddle or just a push fit. I have a Hipshot piezo bridge and the elements just lift out (pic below). If the hole where the wire comes out is large enough, I'd try giving it a gentle prod with a stiff bit of wire like a paper clip.

537305355_Hipshotpiezobridge.jpg.78e86d52e21cde669abace2bcbfb81e6.jpg

Thanks to both of you for your replies, I think you might be right Andy, ikay the hole is very small on back of the saddle so could be tricky. I'll keep thinking about it. Andy hope to see you at the South west bass bash later in the year if it happens.

Thanks again both

Derrey

4 hours ago, derreybass said:

Thanks to both of you for your replies, I think you might be right Andy, ikay the hole is very small on back of the saddle so could be tricky. I'll keep thinking about it. Andy hope to see you at the South west bass bash later in the year if it happens.

Thanks again both

Derrey

Hi, Derrey

@ikay might be right.  It is possible they are just push fit.  The units themselves will be sealed in plastic so if a paper clip will go in (or the blunt end of a sewing needle) a gentle push will soon indicate if they are going to push out and that won't do any harm.  If they seem firm, then they are probably superglued and won't be coming out.