Why become a member? ×

Rich Tone Music

pst62

I thought James Ferguson was very scincere.

And as for the shop, i've bought items from them and had no issues with any of it.  Accessories rather than guitars.

I'd not let this deter me from buying in the future. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I thought James Ferguson was very scincere.

And as for the shop, i've bought items from them and had no issues with any of it.  Accessories rather than guitars.

I'd not let this deter me from buying in the future. 

I was maybe a little flippant on my earlier comment. 
They messed an order up once, I took it personally.

I eventually got over it 😂

9 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Think he’s that guy on eBay who bodges guitars for a living.

Ah I didn't know the name... The guy who ran, and for all I know still runs, this shop didn't "customise" his instruments, you'd need to look quite carefully to see what they were. He didn't scrawl a shoddy signature on the headstock with a felt tip! 

• Haha 2

I couldn't watch this for more than about 5 minutes due to the unbelievably high levels of smugness and self-righteousness on display.

Yes they cocked up but sounds like they will remedy in full.

• Like 5

The self-styled 'investigative reporter' is indeed a smug git, and I say that with some authority having working with plenty of smug gits in real television. At least most of them had something to be smug about, even if it was only that they were getting paid to do this sort of rubbish.

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 2

It's interesting how we've come the same conclusion - I've not come across this guy before but I watched about 2 mins of this, got the general gist of the issue and thought 'blown out of all proportion'

I tried to watch it, but the guy presenting makes me want to scoop my eyes out with a spoon. Thoughts based on what I saw:

1. It’s not that big a deal. No need to run and tell teacher. Or even make a video.

2. If you actually have to ask yourself if the right thing to do is to approach the shop first, then I question your judgement.

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Like 4

That ‘reporter’ is a plum.

If you really want to go after people, then it is those selling decals - no decals aftermarket - no ‘fake’ branded instruments.

What a bell end - someone got a guitar for £69 quid.....seems alright 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

That ‘reporter’ is a plum.

If you really want to go after people, then it is those selling decals - no decals aftermarket - no ‘fake’ branded instruments.

What a bell end - someone got a guitar for £69 quid.....seems alright 

Yeah.

I get the concern about fakes that look so good that they stand a chance to fool some people... but going after a shop like that is not a very effective, or correct, way to go about it. 

The shop should have been a bit wiser, 'though, but they're hardly the problem.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mcnach said:

Yeah.

I get the concern about fakes that look so good that they stand a chance to fool some people... but going after a shop like that is not a very effective, or correct, way to go about it. 

The shop should have been a bit wiser, 'though, but they're hardly the problem.

Agreed, these were probably part Ex’s maybe - most buyers are savvy these days and researching a product before a private with inter web etc has never been easier

They were selling the guitars as unbranded for a really cheap price. Whats the problem? No one is getting conned just because it says Gibson on it unless they are pretty thick.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, ubit said:

They were selling the guitars as unbranded for a really cheap price. Whats the problem? No one is getting conned just because it says Gibson on it unless they are pretty thick.

That is still selling counterfeit goods though i.e. not legal. I would have thought a private phone call would be enough, no need for a crusade. 

If they were arsey then a call to trading standards should put a stop to it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nilebodgers said:

With a Gibson logo? 

Yeah but they made no secret that they were unbranded. I see your point but at no point did they say it was a real Gibson.