Why become a member? ×

What do you know?

I've had McGregor kit before, Mick, and it's really very good. Old school, tends to be weighty, but it's bullet-proof stuff and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

I don't know what happened to the firm/brand, but if it failed then it wasn't because they made cr*p PA equipment.

18 hours ago, Fishman said:

mains cable into the front panel – that's not weird 🙃

The unit was designed for permanent installation, including hard-to-get-to shelves and the back of cupboards. Solution? All inputs/outputs on the front, nothing whatever on the sides, back, top or bottom.

Very sensible piece of design, if you ask me. Which you didn't, of course ...

4 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

The unit was designed for permanent installation, including hard-to-get-to shelves and the back of cupboards. Solution? All inputs/outputs on the front, nothing whatever on the sides, back, top or bottom.

Thanks @Happy Jack – I knew there would be good reason as soon as I posted 🤐

18 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

That's really smart. It's so obvious, yet so practical.

If I remember correctly, wasn't this brand a similar quality level to something like Carlsboro? Not top of the line, but solid and reliable?

1 minute ago, Happy Jack said:

Yes, but Carlsboro before they were 5h1t.

;)

LMAO! Nearly had a coffee on screen moment there!

I'm referring to the kit they put out in the 80s, that sort of period, It was aimed at someone who doesn't want to invest in top end kit, say Trace Elliot.

You were fortunate in England - you had a good selection of brands that were locally made and covered a good variety of price points. Laney springs to mind as well. We didn't have those options in Australia - we either massively overpaid for TE or GK, or we ended up with Peavey stuff. Which was good, but bland.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bassaussie said:

That's really smart. It's so obvious, yet so practical.

If I remember correctly, wasn't this brand a similar quality level to something like Carlsboro? Not top of the line, but solid and reliable?

I believe McGregor left  the company to take up gardening

• Like 1