Why become a member? ×

SOLD AH500X
£250
Radstock

SOLD 

PRICE DROP TO £230 that's over two Trace Elliot watts to the pound.

Ever decide to sell something only to get a sick feeling inside when you get to it? 

Never understand why folk don't just keep the darn thing. Well in my case it's because I spent the money already. 

So here goes. 

Trace Elliot AH500X in used, gigged and worn cosmetic condition. But still able to do the job it was made for. Loud fan which has a quiet setting for those worried about such things. White caps missing from Graphic on/off and Mid cut controls, both work fine (see video)

Heavy. I will post it but it won't be cheap. Socially distant pick up is available. 

So what's under the bonnet? Two Trace Elliot 250 watt amps. Doesn't sound much does it? Ever heard a single 250 watt Trace kicking it out? Trust me you won't forget hearing two. 

You can use both inputs and run them into their own speaker systems. You can use both amps with an internal crossover and send the upper frequency to a small cab and the lower to a big un. This how I use it. Each output is individually adjustable and it is a thing of wonder.

Alternatively select mono bridged and put that GP 11 MK5 preamp through them together. 

IMG_20200505_154627.thumb.jpg.95c5a36e070b9564cc3e98b1bb788deb.jpg

Video - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p-YjDfQDy6WUIWU7KsTf0k3pHwhWnDlN/view?usp=sharing

Headphones advised! Bass content

Edited by stewblack
sold
  • Like 10

19 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Good looking pooch too. 

I much prefer P-U-S-S-Y

The thought police changed my original typing top meow meow

Edited by Oldman

At the risk of derailing the cat/dog thread could I ask a question about the amp please!

And seriously, I'm not judgy, very happy for you to kiss cats and dogs. So long as it's consensual of course.

Re the amp I'd just like to check each mode:

1) Stereo, use separate inputs on the front, each signal goes to each channel, 250W at 4 ohms?

2) Biamp, single input on the front, crossover splits at the setting from the rear panel, each signal then to each channel, 250W at 4 ohms? Or do the lows get more juice somehow?

3) Bridged, single input on the front, full range to a single combined channel, 500W at 4 ohms?

Frankly I'm sure you can start and finish a small war with one channel full range but it'd be good to understand exactly how it works. From memory the 'X' models were not so straight forward to bridge but perhaps that was something else.....

Thanks matey!

2 hours ago, andybassdoyle said:

Re the amp I'd just like to check each mode:

1) Stereo, use separate inputs on the front, each signal goes to each channel, 250W at 4 ohms?

2) Biamp, single input on the front, crossover splits at the setting from the rear panel, each signal then to each channel, 250W at 4 ohms? Or do the lows get more juice somehow?

3) Bridged, single input on the front, full range to a single combined channel, 500W at 4 ohms?

Frankly I'm sure you can start and finish a small war with one channel full range but it'd be good to understand exactly how it works. From memory the 'X' models were not so straight forward to bridge but perhaps that was something else.....

Thanks matey!

You are spot on. Three way selector switch on the back, each setting labelled. 

Bridged minimum 4  ohms 500w use 1 input 

Stereo 2 X 250w both minimum 4 ohms use 2 inputs 

Biamped 1 x 250w minimum 4 ohms lower frequencies  1 x 250w minimum 4 ohms higher frequencies. Crossover is internal non adjustable BUT individual output controls (rear panel) allow balancing between the two amps. 

Yes you could run 2 x 8ohm cabs for each amp. I have used 2  1x15 TE cabs for the bottom and a 2 x10 with horn handling the top. 

Oh my. I still get chills. 

• Like 1

Big Bump for this amp. I once filled in for a reggae band out in Taiwan and one of these was the backline... ...easy to dial in, mountain clearing heft- just not logisitically feasible for me right now...  ...but YOU... you should buy this. Incredible amp. This is a thing you need.

• Like 4

• MB1 locked this topic