Why become a member? ×

Gear confusion for live shows

Berserker

38 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Dear @Berserker, as much as little spats like this occasionally break out on BC they often contain very good information, albeit a bit fizzy with static so to speak.

I've managed to get plenty of info from this thread... just sorry I opened such a can of worms! All the comments in this thread are truly appreciated though, and I'll be sure to discuss with the band the way they do things. They're guys in their 40s playing rock covers so I'd imagine it's a more old school approach but no harm in hearing different ways of doing things.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I've managed to get plenty of info from this thread... just sorry I opened such a can of worms! All the comments in this thread are truly appreciated though, and I'll be sure to discuss with the band the way they do things. They're guys in their 40s playing rock covers so I'd imagine it's a more old school approach but no harm in hearing different ways of doing things.

Absolutely, the handbags will be put down soon enough.

There's no handbags, I just hate people not reading a request for help post correctly and then dismissing any contrasting information if it doesn't suit them. There's a lot of ways to gig and a lot of ways to streamline setups to make them easier to manage. The OP isn't running the PA or starting a band, he's joining one where that will be done for him.

All he has to do is determine how they already work and go from there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lemmywinks said:

I just hate people not reading a request for help post correctly and then dismissing any contrasting information if it doesn't suit them.

This is exactly how I feel!

• Haha 1